Smile Hair Clinic Istanbul
Department of Hair Transplantation (609465)
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the department
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the Smile Hair Clinic Istanbul offers the full range of conservative and surgical treatments for partial or complete loss of hair (alopecia). The department's key focus is on hair transplantation using the very latest techniques – Micro FUE and DHI. The department's specialists perform hair transplantation not only in the head, but also in the beard and eyebrows. As a conservative treatment, the doctors perform scalp mesotherapy, which stimulates active hair growth and prevents hair loss.The patients will benefit from an excellent modern infrastructure of the department, as well as a highly qualified and friendly medical team, which has a wealth of experience in restoring the health and beauty of hair. The department is headed by Dr. med. Mehmet Erdogan.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Micro FUE hair transplantation. The procedure involves the collection of hair follicles (grafts) from the donor site using microinstruments, after which they are transplanted into the previously prepared recipient site. The doctor collects hair follicles from the back of the head, where hair growth is most dense, or from other areas of the body. The operation can be performed under both local and general anesthesia with sedation, so that it is painless. When collecting donor follicles, the doctors use the instruments with a sapphire tip – the very latest technological advance in this field. The procedure takes 6 to 8 hours. The main advantage of the Micro FUE hair transplantation technique is that it allows restoring the natural appearance of hair in patients with alopecia. Moreover, the operation does not leave any scars in the donor site, while the wound healing process after the intervention is very quick
- DHI hair transplantation. The essence of the procedure is the collection of grafts (hair follicles) from the donor site and their transplantation directly into the recipient site. When performing the intervention, the doctor uses a special implanter pen with the thinnest tip, into which the grafts are placed. When the tip is pressed on the skin, the graft is injected directly into its surface layer. This operation is performed under local anesthesia. The procedure takes longer than other hair transplantation methods in terms of duration. However, the advantage of this method is that there is no need to shave off the hair prior to the surgical procedure. It is also worth noting that this technique is not suitable for every patient. The feasibility of using the DHI technique in a particular patient is assessed at the doctor's appointment, after a thorough study of the medical history and assessment of the patient's current condition.
- Scalp mesotherapy. This conservative technique serves to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss. When performing the procedure, the doctor injects nutrients (vitamins, minerals, amino acids and growth factors) into the scalp. Before starting therapy, the doctor examines the patient's medical history in detail. The doctor will necessarily inform the patient about all the features of the stages of treatment.
- Hair transplantation from body to the head. This method involves transplanting hair to the scalp using donor hair follicles from other areas of the body. The procedure is indicated for patients who cannot use donor hair from the back of the head. In such cases, the method of hair transplantation from other areas of the body is used – from the beard, chest or back. The hair transplantation from other areas of the body is performed under local anesthesia using the FUE method.
- Beard and mustache transplantation. The procedure is performed by transplanting hair follicles from the back of the head or elsewhere on the body into the chin and upper lip. The operation is performed under local anesthesia and lasts about 8 hours. Thanks to the use of local anesthesia, the operation is painless. After beard and mustache hair transplantation, the patient does not have scars and the healing process is very quick. A man may experience temporary symptoms such as redness, swelling and dry skin, which will completely disappear after a few days. 2-4 weeks after the operation, hair in the beard and mustache will begin growing. In most cases, the doctor achieves an excellent result after the first procedure, but sometimes the second transplantation may be required.
- Eyebrow transplantation. This operation is performed under local anesthesia using the FUE technique. The procedure does not carry any risks and does not cause any side effects – in just a few hours, the patient receives thick and beautiful eyebrows.
- Other treatments for hair loss
Dr. med. Mehmet Erdogan received his medical degree with honors from the Yeditepe University in Istanbul. He performs the surgical treatment for hair loss in hundreds of international patients from all over the world. The doctor has been actively practicing hair restoration surgery using the FUE technique since 2013. He has created a private practice dedicated exclusively to providing the very best hair loss treatments, including surgical or medical treatments for hair loss. He has always gravitated towards the surgical aspect of his specialties.
- 2013 Hair transplant surgeon.
- 2016 - 2018 International Relations and Marketing Director, Medicana Health Group.
- 2014 Medical Doctor, Kadikoy Hospital, Istanbul.
- 2013 - 2016 Deputy Medical Director, Medicana Çamlıca Hospital.
- 2013 Medical Doctor, Acıbadem Health Group.
- 2011 - 2013 Medical Doctor, Beykoz State Hospital, Istanbul.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2017 Certificate of Competence in Mesotherapy.
- 2017 Certificate of Competence in Phytotherapy.
- 2013 Medical Aesthetician Course in Hair Transplantation.
- 2011 Anadolu University, Hospital Management.
- 2011 Faculty of Medicine, Yeditepe University, Istanbul.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Istanbul Medical Chamber.
- Board Of Directors, Turkish Healthcare Travel Council.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Smile Hair Clinic
Department of Hair Transplantation.
Smile Hair Clinic Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.