Smile Signature Dental Clinic Bangkok
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Implantology (303340)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dentistry, implantology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Implantology at the Smile Signature Dental Clinic Bangkok offers the full range of modern services in these fields. The department's highly qualified specialists have excellent qualifications in general, aesthetic, orthodontic dentistry and oral surgery. The department is distinguished by outstanding achievements in dental implantology, offering its patients all the classic and innovative options, ranging from the implantation of one or more teeth up to full jaw overdenture. Other focuses include prosthetic dentistry, periodontics and pediatric dentistry. Special attention is paid to preventive dentistry, which includes preventive and care measures. The department is headed by Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Boworn Klongnoi.
One of the priorities of the department's specialization is aesthetic (cosmetic) dentistry. The department carries out many procedures aimed at the restoration of the health and appearance of the teeth. The standard aesthetic procedures include teeth whitening, placement of dental crowns and bridges, placement of dental veneers, lumineers, inlays and onlays, photopolymer fillings, etc.
The department has an excellent reputation in dental implantology both at the national and international levels. The dental implants represent an exact imitation of a real tooth with a root that is why their appliance is considered as the gold standard for the patients who have serious dental problems where the restoration of their own tooth is impossible. The dental implants are made of biologically neutral titanium material, which fuses with the jawbone and provides reliable fixation of a new tooth. The department's doctors have all the innovations for the reconstruction of not only one or several teeth, but also of the entire dentition. Prior to the placement of implants, the patient undergoes imaging examinations, the results of which form the basis of computer-assisted implant planning. Thus, a team of qualified implantologists and the very latest implant placement technologies allow the patients to return a beautiful smile and self-confidence.
The department performs the following types of implantation:
- Immediate implantation (one day implantation). An implantologist removes a tooth and installs an implant within a single visit.
- Immediate (instant) loaded implantation. A temporary or permanent prosthesis is placed on the pin of the implant immediately after the installation of the pin base or after some time.
- Conventional implantation. Installation of implants is carried out in two stages. The first stage is the installation of the pin, then the healing lasts at least two months. During the second stage, a tooth crown is placed on the pin.
The immediate implantation and immediate loaded implantation are not suitable for all cases. The type of operation depends on the condition of the bone, the general dental situation and the individual characteristics of the patient. To determine the appropriate type of dental implant, the doctors carry out the diagnostics, including a panoramic X-ray and/or CT scanning.
It is worth noting that the placement of dental implants provides the number of advantages for a patient. These include the improvement of the quality of life, a natural appearance with excellent functionality, absence of necessity for removal of an adjacent tooth in order to place a traditional bridge, reliable fixation of implant, which allows the patient to eat all products, improved speech in comparison with wearing prostheses, prevention of further tooth loss and preservation of bone tissue, durability, the lack of psychological discomfort caused by possibility of displacement or loss of removable dentures.
In addition, the department offers high-quality services in the field of endodontic treatment. In the treatment of tooth pulp, a special role is played by root canal treatment. Such teeth damages as cracks or deep caries can affect the nerve tissues and blood vessels located in the soft pulp. Pulp damage can lead to painful swelling, damages to the jawbone or muscles, the formation of abscesses accompanied by toothache and bad breath.
In the past, pulp damage in most cases led to tooth extraction. The department's specialists carry out the root canal treatment procedure using the very latest technologies in order to protect and restore the nerve tissue and blood vessels of the tooth. The primary task in the treatment of root canals is to create an environment, which will provide treatment and subsequent preservation of periradicular tissue. The root canal treatment procedure can be considered successful in the elimination of bacteria and complete filling of the canal.
Dental prosthetics (or orthodontic dentistry) is also part of the key tasks of the department. This field of dentistry deals with the restoration of missing teeth or the treatment of teeth with significant damages. The department's qualified dentists treat congenital dentition defects, as well as traumatic injuries. The specialists in restoration dentistry, including prosthodontists will help to restore one or more teeth and the entire dentition.
The department offers several ways for the restoration of missing and damaged teeth:
- Dental bridge, which consists of at least 3 crowns and is used for the restoration of missing teeth between healthy adjacent abutment teeth.
- Dental implants, which are a construction of a pin fixed in the jaw, on which crowns, bridges or prostheses are placed.
- Dentures, with a removable structure for the replacement of missing teeth made of acrylic resin or a combined composition.
The department works in compliance with the most strict sterilization and hygiene standards. The medical facility follows professional dental guidelines for the maintenance of equipment and instruments. Both sterilization and cleanliness of treatment rooms and equipment are constantly monitored.
The department's range of dental services includes:
- General dentistry
- Preventive dental examination, radiography and counseling
- Tooth filling and replacement of fillings
- Scaling, cleaning and polishing
- Teeth cleaning with the Airflow system (pearl teeth cleaning)
- Aesthetic dentistry
- Tooth whitening
- Placement of dental crowns and bridges
- Placement of dental veneers
- Placement of dental inlays/onlays
- Placement of composite resin fillings
- Dental bonding
- Placement of lumineers
- Dental implantology
- Placement of immediate implants (same day implants)
- Placement of immediate loaded implants
- Placement of conventional implants
- All-on-4 or All-on-6
- Orthodontic dentistry
- Placement of metal braces
- Placement of ceramic and clear braces
- Placement of Damon braces
- Placement of lingual braces (STb Light Lingual System)
- Invisible Invisalign teeth correction technique
- Placement of clear aligners
- Placement of removable orthodontic appliance
- Endodontic treatment
- Root canal treatment
- Endodontic surgery
- Microscope assisted RCT
- Periodontic dentistry
- Root planing and deep cleaning
- Placement of gingival grafts
- Orthognathic surgery
- Pediatric dentistry
- Cleaning and polishing
- Fluoride application
- Space maintainer placement
- Oral hygiene instructions
- Preventive dentistry
- Sealant and fluoride treatment
- Caries risk assessment
- Diet counseling
- Preventive resin restoration
- Oral hygiene instructions
- Other dental services
- DDS, Department of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University.
- Dr. med., Faculty of Medicine, Ramanthibodi Hospital, Mahidol University.
- Dr. med. Dr. med. dent., Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- German Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- Thai Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2016 Advanced Mini Residency Programme All-on-4 immediate placement by Nobel Biocare.
- Lead Lecturer Hands-On Course "Art & Science for Clinical Implant Success", Thai Association of Dental Implantology.
- 2011 Symposium Speaker, Global Academy of Osseointegration, Neobiotech Dental Implant Solutions.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry, Implantology.
Smile Signature Dental Clinic Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.