Transes Hair Transplant Center Istanbul
Department of Hair Transplantation (609477)
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the department
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the the Transes Hair Transplant Center Istanbul offers the full range of modern techniques for hair loss treatment. The department's doctors successfully carry out all procedures available in modern medicine – FUE, Sapphire FUE, GOLD FUE and DHI. All techniques are innovative and guarantee excellent results even in the most complex clinical cases. The choice of the technique depends on the specific indications of the patient. In most cases, hair transplantation is performed in men, but the department's doctors also specialize in performing this procedure for women. The service range is complemented by conservative cosmetic procedures for hair growth stimulation and improvement of its aesthetic appearance. The department is headed by Dr. med. Nihat Çiçek.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- FUE hair transplantation is a microsurgical intervention for the restoration of hair growth in the areas affected by alopecia. At the first stage of the procedure, hair follicles are extracted using a micromotor tool with a special tip. During the FUE procedure, the grafts are extracted one by one. The donor site of the hair follicles is usually the back of the head, but it is possible to use other parts of the body with sufficient hair coat. For the maximum comfort of the patient, the donor site is anesthetized before the extraction of hair follicles. After collecting the required amount of donor material, the doctor proceeds to the implantation of grafts. For this purpose, he forms microholes in the skin of the recipient site, where donor hair is implanted. The implantation procedure is also painless, as it is performed under local anesthesia. After hair transplantation, the patient should strictly follow the recommendations of the medical specialist for intake of drugs and hair care, which will help him to achieve an optimal final result. The great advantage of the technique is to achieve the natural look of the hair.
- Sapphire FUE hair transplantation. The essence of this procedure is almost identical to the FUE technique. The only difference is the use of special instruments with a sapphire tip, which provides less tissue trauma during the collection of grafts. The use of sapphire tips allows the doctors to form thinner canals in the skin for hair transplantation, due to which the density of hair is improved, while the scalp recovers faster after the procedure. The Sapphire FUE technique is an improved method of the classic FUE procedure.
- GOLD FUE hair transplantation. The technique is also one of the varieties of the FUE procedure. All stages of the operation are the same as in the classic FUE procedure, but when performing the manipulations, the surgeons use a special instrument with tips made of gold. The reason for choosing this particular material is its excellent biocompatibility with the tissues of the human body, which reduces to zero the risk of allergic reactions and scar formation. At first, the healthy hair grafts are collected from the skin of the donor site with the help of a gold-tipped instrument, after which they are transplanted one by one to the balding area. This surgical procedure takes on average 6 hours. Its duration depends on the patient's clinical situation – the degree of hair loss and the choice of the donor area.
- DHI hair transplantation. This is a direct method of hair transplantation, which does not require any skin incisions in the recipient site. The doctor collects hair follicles and places them in a special tool, the principle of which is similar to an automatic pen for writing. By pressing a button, the doctor inserts the grafts into the skin of the recipient site. The advantages of this method are the better engraftment of the hair follicles and shorter recovery period as compared to other techniques. It should be noted that due to the painstaking and complexity, the procedure takes more time than FUE and Sapphire FUE.
- Hair transplantation without the need to shave the head. In most cases, this technique is indicated for patients with small areas of alopecia. Prior to the intervention, the patient has to grow some hair. The grafts are collected from thin strips of skin obtained from the donor site. Thus, the technique avoids shaving the head as in the FUE method. The sequence of actions in such hair transplantation procedure does not differ from other procedures – collection of grafts, their processing and follow-up transplantation to the recipient site.
- Beard and moustache hair transplantation in men. This type of hair transplantation is performed using the FUE technique. About 1000-3000 grafts can be transplanted during these operations. The indications for this procedure may be poor hair growth or lack of hair in the beard and mustache, scars, burns in these areas. The back of the head is most often used as a donor site. The results of the operation are not immediately visible. Only 3 months after the operation, the hair will slowly begin to grow, while one year after it will grow completely and the patient will be able to estimate the final result.
- Hair transplantation in women. Hair transplantation techniques in the head for men and women do not differ – the hair follicles collected from the donor site are transplanted into the baldness area. However, the period of hair ingrowth in women after transplantation takes much longer. 2 weeks after the transplantation, the women will have a hair loss. After 3 months of hair loss, the hair begins to grow back slowly. The duration of this process is up to 1 year. The causes of alopecia in women can be very diverse – thyroid diseases, changes in hormonal levels during pregnancy and breastfeeding, stress, seasonal hair loss, genetic diseases, hair loss after chemotherapy, etc.
- Hair transplantation in the area of scars on the head, beard, mustache and eyebrows. Such hair transplantation serves to mask the scars in the above mentioned areas. This is an excellent option for patients with scars, which cannot be removed with modern laser techniques or other methods.
- Hair mesotherapy. This method serves for the elimination of trichological problems by injecting bioactive components subcutaneously or intradermally. The procedure solves a wide range of problems – from treating dandruff to stopping baldness (alopecia) of various etiologies. Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique, which is suitable for all types of hair, it is painless and highly effective. This type of treatment is used in both women and men. For a short period of time after mesotherapy, the hair should not be washed, wetted, or treated with any medications. The patient will also need to use a special hair care complex. The duration of hair mesotherapy is usually 10 weeks – 1 session per week. Then it is recommended to undergo 1 session per month, however, the number of sessions is determined for each patient individually.
- PRP hair therapy. The procedure involves the injection of platelet-rich plasma, which stimulates hair growth and treats hair loss. As a rule, the treatment course consists of 3-6 procedures with an interval of 4-6 weeks.
- Other therapeutic options.
Dr. med. Nihat Çiçek is the Head of the Department of Hair Transplantation at the Transes Hair Transplant Center Istanbul. He has 20 years of clinical experience. He specializes in head, beard and eyebrow hair transplantations using FUE, Sapphire FUE and DHI methods.
Higher Education and Professional Career
- 2000 Doctoral Degree, Faculty of Medicine, Trakia University.
- 2002 - 2005 Anesthesiologist at the Safak Hospital in Turkey.
- Since 2010 Work as the Head of the Department of Hair Transplantation at the Transes Hair Transplant Center Istanbul.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Top Hair Clinic
Department of Hair Transplantation.
Transes Hair Transplant Center Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.