Academic Childrens Hospital Nuremberg
Department of Pediatric Neurology (444917)
Specialized in: pediatric neurology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Neurology at the Academic Childrens Hospital Nuremberg offers the full range of services in this medical field. The primary goal of the department is the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the nervous system (brain, spinal cord, nerves) in premature and newborn babies, infants, young, school age children and adolescents. The doctors of the department make every effort to provide small patients with an effective treatment, and thereby relieve them of pain and health problems in the future life. The department is headed by Dr. med. Werner Hinrichs.
The department offers a wide range of diagnostic services. A general medical examination may be supplemented with EEG in a waking and sleeping state, recording of evoked potentials, computer and magnetic resonance imaging, comprehensive testing of metabolic processes in the body, genetic diagnostics, ophthalmologic, orthopedic and other examinations.
The doctors mostly have to deal with congenital and acquired epilepsy, behavioral disorders, physical and mental developmental disorders, neuromuscular diseases, defects in the development of the brain and spinal cord, lesions of the nervous system (bleeding, inflammatory diseases of the brain, consequences of accidents, brain tumors), functional disorders (for example, headaches).
The service range of the department includes diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Congenital epilepsy
- Acquired epilepsy and epileptiform syndrome
- Nerve tic and tick-like hyperkinesis
- Neuromuscular diseases:
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Becker and Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Polymyositis, dermatomyositis
- Neuropathy of individual nerves (for example, facial, radial)
- Defects in the development of the brain and spinal cord with neurologic deficit
- Neurological consequences of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Poliomyelitis and its complications
- Functional disorders of the nervous system (for example, headaches, neurocirculatory dystonia)
- Psychomotor development retardation
- Behavioral disorders
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinik Hallerwiese-Cnopfsche Kinderklinik
Department of Pediatric Neurology.
Academic Childrens Hospital Nuremberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.