Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Medicine (603246)
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology, neuroradiology, nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Medicine at the Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim offers the full range of services in these areas. The department uses state-of-the-art medical equipment, such as a high-performance SOMATOM Definition Flash CT scanner, a biplane angiography system, several ultramodern MRI and CT systems, including a 1.5 Tesla scanner for the whole body imaging. The results of the diagnostic tests are stored in a special picture archiving and communication system. All departments of the hospital have access to this system. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Axel Gossmann.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostic and interventional radiology
- Classical X-ray diagnostics
- Skeletal imaging
- Thoracic imaging
- Imaging of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, including video recording of the act of swallowing
- Ultrasound scanning of all organs, intraoperative ultrasound scanning and ultrasound-guided puncture
- Angiography and phlebography
- Computed tomography of all parts of the body, including bone mineral density measurement, CT-guided puncture
- Mammography with preoperative localization of suspicious foci
- Special imaging studies of the upper and lower jaw
- Magnetic resonance imaging of all organs, including MR angiography and preoperative neuronavigation
- Balloon dilatation and stenting to restore vascular patency
- Chemoembolization for tumor treatment
- Radiofrequency ablation for tumor treatment
- Punctures in case of pathological fluid accumulations (for example, in case of abscesses)
- Computed tomography of the brain and spinal cord
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the brain and spinal cord
- Intravenous thrombolysis for stroke treatment (in collaboration with the Department of Neurology)
- Endovascular coiling to treat aneurysms without opening the cranium
- Endovascular treatment of arteriovenous malformations (angiomas)
- Embolization of brain and spinal tumors before surgery
- Nuclear medicine (all diagnostic tests in this medical field except PET)
- Heart diagnostics (myocardial scintigraphy at rest and stress, the identification of viable areas of the myocardium after a heart attack, the detection of circulatory disorders, etc.)
- Skeletal scintigraphy
- Bone marrow scintigraphy
- Kidney scintigraphy
- Perfusion and ventilation lung scintigraphy
- Brain scintigraphy
- Parathyroid gland, adrenal gland, cerebrospinal fluid scintigraphy
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Medicine.
Academic Hospital Cologne-Merheim:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.