Academic Hospital Eichsfeld Heilbad Heiligenstadt
Treatment of urethral stricture with urethra plastic (program ID: 302752)
Christian WeidemannSpecialized in: urology
Department of Urology
The Department of Urology at the Academic Hospital Eichsfeld under the direction of Dr. med. Christian Weidemann offers the entire spectrum of surgical and conservative urology (except kidney transplantations). The focuses include function-preserving cancer surgery, laparoscopy (“keyhole surgery”), diagnosis and treatment of both male and female urinary incontinence, plastic and reconstructive surgery, as well as multimodal therapy for stones. Particular attention is paid to the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the prostate.
The Department of Urology at the Academic Hospital Eichsfeld is the certified Counseling Center of the German Society for Urinary Incontinence. It also coordinates the interdisciplinary Pelvic Floor Center. Moreover, the Department of Urology is the Training Center of the Federal Medical Chamber of Thuringia. The chief physician, Dr. med. Christian Weidemann, has the authority to upgrade the skills of urologists (60 months) and in the drug treatment of cancer (12 months). The Department includes two sections with 53 beds and an interdisciplinary intensive care unit where patients can receive comprehensive and individual treatment.
The Academic Hospital Eichsfeld also offers services in pediatric urology, whereas surgical procedures are mostly outpatient. If there is required inpatient treatment, one of the parents should stay with their child. Depending on the age of the child, surgical treatment and admission are carried out in the children's hospital in Heiligenstadt. The Department can involve experienced pediatricians and anesthesiologists to treat very young patients. When treating certain symptoms (e.g. enuresis), the Department cooperates with the Social Pediatric Center. The specialists of the Department will be happy to advise you within the framework of the pediatric urologic consultation.
The range of medical services in pediatric urology includes the following options:
- Circumcision: surgical treatment of phimosis
- Plastic surgery of the frenulum (surgical treatment of the short frenulum of the foreskin)
- Diagnosis and treatment of functional disorders of the urinary bladder
- Enuresis: diagnosis and treatment of enuresis.
- Orchidopexy: surgical treatment of undescended testicle
- Laparoscopic procedure to search testicle in cryptorchidism
- Hypospadias repair: surgical treatment of abnormalities of external genitalia, e.g. correction of urinary tract abnormalities
- Treatment of confluence abnormalities: from ureter to the bladder.
- Antireflux plastic repair: treatment of urine outflow from the bladder to the kidneys.
- Plastic repair of the renal pelvis: surgical treatment of ureteral stenosis
- Urinary tract infections: clarification of the diagnosis of recurrent urinary infections in children.
The range of medical services of the Department of Urology at the Academic Hospital Eichsfeld includes i.a.:
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Treatment of urinary stones
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Disorders of urination
- Outpatient surgery
- Urinary incontinence in women and men
- Pediatric urology
- Urethral disorders
- External genitalia
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- urological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- ultrasound pelvic rectal/ abdominal
- preoperative care
- urethra plastic
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
Accommodation in hospital
Treatment of urethral stricture with urethra plastic
- Hospital: Academic Hospital Eichsfeld Heilbad Heiligenstadt
- access_time Duration: