Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich
Department of Hematology and Oncology (113845)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology, internal medicine
About the department
The department of hematology and oncology diagnosed and treated malignant tumors. The therapeutic spectrum includes all medicamentous treating methodes including chemotherapy, antibody, immune and hormone therapy. Cancer patients benefit from interdisciplinary treatment. In general, the clinical picture of the patient will be in an interdisciplinary tumor conference discussed by various specialists.
- 1977 – 1983 Study of Medicine at the University of Münster
- 1983 State Examination and Doctorate in medicine
- 1989 Additional qualification in Sports Medicine, Medical Chamber Westfalen-Lippe
- 1990 Board certification for Internal Medicine, Medical Chamber Westfalen-Lippe
- 1993 Sub-specialisation in Gastroenterology, Medical Chamber Koblenz
- 1997 Sub-specialisation in Hematology and Oncology, Medical Chamber Niedersachsen
- 1999 Habilitation in Internal Medicine at the Hannover Medical School
- 2000 Head of the Department of Palliative Medicine, EJK Bielefeld
- 2001 Chief Physician of the Medical Clinic II, Oncology and Palliative Medicine, EJK Bielefeld
- 2003 Appointment as a Visiting Professor (Hannover Medical School)
- 2005 Additional qualification Infectious Diseases, Medical Chamber Westfalen-Lippe
- 2006 Additional qualification Palliative Medicine
- Since 09/2007 Chief Physician of the Department of Hematology and Oncology, Munich Municipal Hospital Group, Clinic Neuperlach
- Since 10/2008 Chief Physician, Tumor Centre Munich Süd, Clinics Neuperlach and Harlaching
- over 100 publications in international peer reviewed journals and scientific monographs
- over 100 published abstracts, organization and conduct of scientific events
- over 100 presentations at regional, national and international congresses
- Collaboration on guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of infections in hematology
- Editor of the monograph "Supportive care in cancer patients" in 2000
- Editor of the monograph "Fungal infections in cancer patients" in 2001, 5th edition 2007
Focus of clinical activity
- Hematology and Internal Oncology
- Conduct of marketing authorization studies for FDA (>25)
- Palliative care of terminal cancer patients
- Infectiological competence in national societies (PEG, DGHO)
- Infectious Diseases
- Epidemiology of Infections in Immunocompromised Patients
- Diagnosis and treatment of infections in immunocompromised patients
- New therapy concepts in immunosuppressed patients with infections
- American Society for Hematology (ASH)
- American Society for Oncology (ASCO)
- German Society of Hematology and Oncology (DGHO)
- Paul Ehrlich Society (PEG)
- German Society of Infectious Diseases (DGI)
Department of Hematology and Oncology.
Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.