Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Endocrine Surgery and Coloproctology (113847)
Natascha C. Nüssler
Specialized in: general surgery, abdominal surgery
About the department
The department of general and abdominal surgery, endocrine surgery and coloprotology treats patients with surgical diseases of the organs of the abdominal cavity, the abdominal wall, and treated the anal region and endocrine organs (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands). The surgical spectrum includes all operations for benign and malignant diseases of mentioned organs. If possible minimally invasive surgical techniques are also applied.
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the department of general and abdominal surgery, endocrine surgery and coloprotology at the Academic Hospital Neuperlach ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon cancer treatment!
- 1984 – 1991 Study of Human Medicine, Free University of Berlin
- 1991 – 2001 Assistant Physician, Charité Campus Virchow-Hospital, University Medicine Berlin
- 2001 – 2007 Senior Physician, Department of General-, Abdominal- and Transplant Surgery; Charité, Campus Virchow-Hospital, University Medicine Berlin
- Since 2007, Head of the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Endocrine Surgery and Coloproctology, Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich
- 1993 (magna cum laude) Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of the Free University Berlin, Thesis: "Studies on the influence of 16,16-dimethyl-prostaglandin E2 and the prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors acetylsalicylic acid and indomethacin on carbonic anhydrase activity in chicken epiphysis and kidney"
- 1993 – 1995 Postgraduate training abroad, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- 2001 "The importance of intraepithelial lymphocytes, oxidative stress and endogenous protective mechanisms for the integrity of the intestinal mucosa."
- Since 2008, Visiting Professorship at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Specialization / Additional specialization
- Vascular Surgery
- Abdominal Surgery
Special Fields, Clinical Focuses
- Abdominal Surgery / Gastrointestinal Tumor Surgery
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
Treatment Spectrum (Selected)
- Abdominal Wall Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, Incisional Hernia
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Gall Bladder Carcinoma and Cholangiocarcinoma
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (Soft Tissue Tumor, Sarcoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Gastric Cancer
- Neuroendocrine Tumor (Carcinoid)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Professional Association of German Surgeons
- Surgical Working Association Liver, Gall Bladder, Pancreas (CA-LGP)
- Surgical Working Association Oncology (CAO-V)
- German Association of Female Medical Doctors
- German Society for General and Abdominal Surgery
- German Society for Surgery (Presidency Member 2006 – 2008)
- German Hernia Society
- European Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Convention of Leading Hospital Surgeons (1st Chairperson 2012 – 2014)
- Tumor Center Munich
- Association of Bavarian Surgeons
- Women in Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons (WinS)
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Endocrine Surgery and Coloproctology.
Academic Hospital Neuperlach Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.