Academic Hospital Schwabing Munich
Department of Otolaryngology, Hand and Neck Surgery (113865)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, plastic surgery, allergology
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Hand and Neck Surgery in Schwabing provides the entire diagnostic and therapeutic range of modern Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. Special performance focus of the department are the ENT tumor surgery, the functional and sculptural-aesthetic nasal surgery, minimally invasive sinus surgery, microsurgery of the ear as well as surgery in children. In addition, it cares for trauma patients as part of a major trauma center around the clock.
- From 1988 to 1995 Study of human medicine at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Traineeships in London (Royal National TNE Hospital), San Francisco and Trier (Klinikum Mutterhaus der Borromäerinnen), Tertial in Surgery of the Practical Year at the University of Virginia, USA
Clinical and Scientific Career
- From 1995 Medical and Scientific Assistant at the Department of Otolaryngology of the University of Tübingen
- 1996 Dr. med. degree (Radiation Oncology) at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- 1-7/1999 Research work at the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the Clinical Research Group of the ENT Clinic
- 1999 Board certification in Otorhinolaryngology
- 2002 Appointment as Senior Physician
- 2004 Establishment and management of the Outpatient Surgery Center to the TNE Hospital Tübingen
- 2004-2007 Repeated Visiting Physician programs under the auspices of Prof. Dr. W. Gubisch, Stuttgart, with emphasis on Plastic Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- From 2005 Head of the Audiology Laboratory with research focus on Olivocochlear Efferents
- 2006 Additional specialization Plastic Surgery
- 2006 Additional specialization Special ENT surgery
- 3/2007 Research stay with Dr. med. Charles M. Liberman, Eaton Peabody Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Subject: Olivocochlear Efferents
- 12/2007 Visiting Physician program under the auspices of Dr. med. Dean Toriumi, University of Chicago, with emphasis on Plastic Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- 2007-2009 Training at the Administrative Academy Baden-Württemberg, seminars for managers in the hospital
- 3/2008 Habilitation and Venia Legendi (Topic: Applications of otoacoustic emissions to diagnose the cochlear function and its efferent innervation)
- 8/2008 Certificate "Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery", Examination by American Board of FPRS, Washington D.C.
- 2008-2010 Coordinator at the Head and Neck Tumor Center at the University of Tübingen
- 8-9/2009 Visiting Physician program under the auspices of Dr. med. Mark L. Urken, Beth Israel New York Medical Center, with emphasis on tumor surgery and plastic reconstructions in the head and neck area
- 2009-2012 Managing Senior Physician of the ENT-Department Tübingen
- 3/2012 Additional specialization Allergology
- 5/2012-3/2014 Head of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of the St. Antonius Clinic Group and St. Josef Wuppertal, St. Anna Clinic site
- Since 6/2012 Extraordinary Professorship at the University of Tübingen
- Since 1.4.2014 Head of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Academic Hospital Schwabing Munich
- Board certification Otorhinolaryngology
- Special ENT surgery
- Plastic surgery
- International Certificate Plastic Facial Surgery
- University Hospital Tübingen: Parts of the major lecture Otolaryngology, Practicum in Otolaryngology, Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Interdisciplinary Clinical Curriculum (iKliC) in Paranasal Sinuses.
- 2006 Certificate "Medical Didactic Qualification I and II" of the state of Baden-Württemberg
- 2006 Prize of Tübingen Medical Students: "Best Course" (Introduction to Clinical Medicine)
- 2008 Award: "Outstanding Teaching"
- German Society for Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Working Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Head and Neck Surgery (APKO) of DGHNO, Board member
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, editor of the newsletter
- German Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Association of German Audiologists and Neurootologists (ADANO) of DGHNO
- Professional association of German ENT doctors
Department of Otolaryngology, Hand and Neck Surgery.
Academic Hospital Schwabing Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home