Academic Hospital Schwabing Munich
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology, Palliative Medicine, Infectiology and Tropical Medicine (283)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology, internal medicine, infectology
About the department
The Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology, Palliative Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine in Schwabing treats all benign blood diseases, disorders of the immune and coagulation system, all forms of blood cancer, and the most of cancers. The newest tumor-specific medication and treatment methods, such as high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell transplantation will be used. Either own (autologous) or the stem cells of a foreign donor (allogeneic) can be used.
- 1987 – 1993 Medical studies at the University of Muenster
- 1993 – 1995 Postdoctoral fellow at the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry in Martinsried and at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, USA.
- 1996 – 1999 Clinical activities at the University of Munich
- 1999 Licensure as a medical specialist in Internal Medicine in Germany and the USA
- 2000 Board certification in Hematology and Oncology.
- 2002 Habilitation at the University of Munich
- 2004 Professorship in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology at the University of Cologne.
- At present, Chief Physician of the Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology, Palliative Medicine, Infectiology and Tropical Medicine at the Academic Hospital Schwabing Munich, a teaching hospital of the University of Munich.
Memberships and Awards (selected)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO
- German CLL Study Group (DCLLSG) (founding member, member of the strategy commission, secretary)
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Immunology, Palliative Medicine, Infectiology and Tropical Medicine.
Academic Hospital Schwabing Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home