Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach
Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology (315298)
Specialized in: pediatrics, neonatology
About the department
The Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology at the Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach offers young patients the full range of medical services, and also takes care of the health and proper development of infants and newborns. The department diagnoses and treats children under the age of 18 years. The specialists in neonatology cooperate closely with obstetricians from the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, forming the Level I Perinatal Center (the highest standard of university-level perinatal medicine). The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hubert Fahnenstich.
The scope of tasks for the department's pediatricians includes the treatment of diseases of the lungs, nervous system, psychoemotional disorders combined with somatic complaints and hormonal diseases (for example, diabetes mellitus) in childhood. Depending on the clinical case, the children and adolescents can be treated in ordinary patient rooms or Intensive Care Unit.
In the field of neonatology, the department specializes in intensive care in premature babies of all weight groups and full-term infants. Within the Level I Perinatal Center, an experienced team of specialists treats young patients at the highest level. The basis of medical care is a friendly, responsive attitude and modern medical technologies.
All the department's specialists make every effort to provide the most effective medical care to young patients. The high level of medical care is confirmed by the most prestigious German certificate for pediatric medical facilities – Ausgezeichnet. FÜR KINDER.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diseases of the respiratory system
- Respiratory distress syndrome in newborns
- Bronchial asthma of infectious and allergic origin
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system
- Congenital heart defects
- Congenital malformations of large vessels
- Heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias)
- Tachycardia and bradycardia of various origins
- Endocrine diseases
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hypothyroidism, thyrotoxicosis
- Congenital adrenal cortex dysfunction
- Short stature, gigantism
- Precocious puberty or delayed puberty
- Pyelonephritis and impaired kidney function
- Phosphorus-calcium metabolism disorders
- Somatic complaints caused by psychoemotional disorders
- Intensive care in premature babies of all weight groups and full-term infants
- Emergency care in acute respiratory and cardiovascular failure
- Other diseases and treatment methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) St. Elisabethen Krankenhaus gGmbH
Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology.
Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.