Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (371104)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department specializes in the diagnosis, conservative and surgical treatment of otolaryngological diseases. It performs about 600 inpatient and 700 outpatient interventions every year. The department is headed by Dr. med. Kai Hecksteden.
Upon admission to the department, patients have an individual consultation, during which the patient talks about their complaints. Then the doctor prescribes all the necessary diagnostic tests, on the basis of which he/she selects the optimal method of therapy or a combination of several methods of treatment.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Operations on the pharyngeal tonsils (in polyps) and palatine tonsils
- Operations to improve hearing (for example, paracentesis, tympanostomy tube imposition, closure of the tympanic membrane defect)
- Middle ear surgery
- Operations to improve nasal breathing (operations on the nasal septum, nasal concha reduction)
- Surgery for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
- Surgery to improve the functions of the paranasal sinuses in chronic sinusitis or nasal polyps
- Laryngeal surgery
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Ear surgery (otoplasty)
- And other treatment methods
- 1992 - 1993 Compulsory military service (partly a nurse in the field hospital of Phnom Penh, Cambodia).
- 1993 - 1999 Study of Medicine with training in France ("Socrates" scholarship), USA and South Africa.
- 2000 - 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Mannheim (Head: Prof. Dr. K. Hörmann).
- 2001 Medical license and PhD defense.
- 2002 Scholarship of the Research Foundation of the Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Mannheim.
- 2002 Advanced training in Laser Medicine.
- 2003 - 2007 Assistant Physician and Senior Physician of the Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Freiburg (Head: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. R. Laszig).
- 2004 Advanced training, specialization "Somnology", German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM).
- 2004 - 2007 Head of the Sleep Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2005 Specialist in Otolaryngology, additional qualification in the field of treatment of speech and speech disorders.
- 2007 Additional qualification in Sleep Medicine.
- 2007 Started working at the Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen-Krankenhaus Lörrach.
- 2008 Additional qualification in Allergology.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Société Française d'Oto-Rhino-Laryngology et du Surgery de la Face et du Cou.
- Working Group on Sleep Medicine of the German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM).
- German-French Working Group of the German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Professional Association of Otolaryngologists.
- Association of Physicians of Health Insurance, Baden-Württemberg.
- Ärztenetz Dreiländereck e.V.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home