Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (371104)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach offers the full service range in this medical field. The department specializes in the diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, throat and nose. It performs about 600 inpatient and 700 outpatient interventions annually. The surgical treatment is carried out using the very latest surgical techniques and advanced medical equipment. The department is headed by Dr. med. Kai Hecksteden.
Upon admission to the department, the patients receive an individual consultation, during which they discuss their complaints in detail with the doctor. Then the doctor prescribes all the necessary diagnostic examinations, on the basis of which he selects the optimal method of therapy or a combination of several treatment techniques.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Operations on the pharyngeal and palatine tonsils
- Operations to improve hearing (for example, paracentesis, tympanostomy tube installation, closure of the tympanic membrane defect)
- Middle ear surgery
- Operations to improve nasal breathing (operations on the nasal septum, nasal concha reduction)
- Surgeries for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Surgical interventions for the treatment of paranasal sinuses in chronic sinusitis or nasal polyps
- Laryngeal surgery
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Other treatment methods
- 1992 - 1993 Compulsory military service (partly paramedic officer in the field hospital of Phnom Penh, Cambodia).
- 1993 - 1999 Study of Medicine with training in France ("Socrates" scholarship), USA and South Africa.
- 2000 - 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Mannheim (Head: Prof. Dr. med. K. Hörmann).
- 2001 Admission to medical practice and doctoral thesis defense.
- 2002 Scholarship of the Research Foundation of the Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Mannheim.
- 2002 Advanced training in Laser Medicine.
- 2003 - 2007 Assistant Physician and Senior Physician in the Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Freiburg (Head: Prof.Dr. h.c. R. Laszig).
- 2004 Advanced training, specialization "Somnology", German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM).
- 2004 - 2007 Head of the Sleep Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2005 Medical Specialist in Otolaryngology, additional qualification in the treatment of voice and speech disorders.
- 2007 Additional qualification in Sleep Medicine.
- 2007 Start of work at the Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach.
- 2008 Additional qualification in Allergology.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Société Française d'Oto-Rhino-Laryngology et du Surgery de la Face et du Cou.
- Working Group on Sleep Medicine of the German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- German Society for Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine (DGSM).
- German-French Working Group of the German Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Professional Association of Otolaryngologists.
- Baden-Wurttemberg Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians.
- Medical organization Ärztenetz Dreiländereck e.V.
Photo of the doctor: (c) St. Elisabethen Krankenhaus gGmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Academic Hospital St. Elisabethen Lörrach:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.