Academic Prosper-Hospital Recklinghausen
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (315181)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Academic Prosper-Hospital Recklinghausen, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ralf Siegert, offers surgery of middle ear, nose and paranasal sinuses, oral cavity and throat including the upper esophagus, larynx and neck surgery as well as reconstructive plastic and aesthetic surgery of face and neck. Annually, specialists of the Department treat approx. 3,500 inpatients and just as many outpatients. The Department is the biggest center for Otolaryngology in the northern Ruhr area.
One of the main focuses of the Department is on treatment of tumors of the oral cavity, larynx and throat. For these purposes, the Department has at its disposal all modern methods including laser therapy, radio frequency technology and robotic surgery. The choice of the appropriate treatment method depends on the tumor localization, how far it has spread and histological findings. In the operative treatment the special focus is on the aesthetic aspect. If necessary, the operative treatment is followed by a logopedic co-treatment in order to re-train speech and swallowing.
The conservative otolaryngology at the Academic Prosper-Hospital Recklinghausen encompasses sleep medicine, allergology, treatment of smell and taste disorders, voice, speech and balance disorders as well as acute and chronic inflammations.
The Department of Otolaryngology specializes in the following fields:
- Diseases of the middle ear and ear surgery
- Inflammations of the middle ear
- Vent tubes and removal of the polyps
- Acute/chronic dizziness
- Surgery of the frontobase
- Abnormalities of the middle ear
- Cholesteatoma of the ear
- Diseases of the nose and nose surgery
- Chronic inflammations of the paranasal sinuses and surgery of the paranasal sinuses
- Surgery of the nasal septum and nasal concha
- Surgery of the lachrymal ducts
- Middle face fractures
- Skull base surgery
- Surgery of the salivary glands
- Surgery of the oral cavity (mouth), throat (pharynx) and larynx (voice box)
- Removal of the vocal folds (cordectomy)
- Palatal tonsils
- Surgery of the oral cavity
- Surgery of tumors in oral cavity and pharynx
- Surgery of tumors in larynx
- Plastic and reconstruction surgery in the oral cavity, pharynx and larynx
- Facial plastic surgery
- Correction of the outer nose
- Flap surgery
- Abnormalities and plastic surgery in children
- Hearing disorders in adults
- Bone conduction hearing aids
- Hearing aids
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Functional voice disorders
- Study of Medicine and Dentistry in Hamburg
- Research associate at the Department of Otolaryngology and Northwest German Maxillofacial Clinic of the University Hospital Eppendorf
- Research associate and Leading Senior Physician at the Department of Otolaryngology of the Medical University of Lübeck
- Since 1999, Head of the Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the Academic Prosper-Hospital in Recklinghausen. In parallel, private surgery, Hohenzollernstrasse in Recklinghausen.
- Plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic head and neck surgery
- Rehabilitation of patients with ear malformations
- Implantable hearing systems
- more than 40 medical utility models and patents
- more than 400 scientific publications
- more than 400 lectures and guest operations worldwide
- organization and directing of more than 100 training and congress events
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Academic Prosper-Hospital Recklinghausen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home