Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (302414)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Acibadem Healthcare Group offers the full range of highly accurate diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of ear, nose and throat diseases. The priority focus of the department is on cochlear implantation, which is carried out within the specialized Cochlear Implant Center – one of the best centers of this kind in the international medical arena. To achieve the best treatment results, the department's doctors cooperate closely with specialists from related fields. The diagnostics and treatment are carried out in modern rooms with state-of-the-art medical equipment, in strict accordance with current protocols. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Levent Erişen.
Of particular interest is the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the ear, nose, throat, oral cavity, nasal septum, larynx, salivary glands, thyroid gland, etc. In the field of rhinology, the doctors successfully treat nasal congestion, allergies, paranasal sinus pathologies, as well as congenital nasal disorders, such as choanal atresia. The department uses an advanced surgical navigation system, which reduces the risk of postoperative complications.
The department also specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of speech and swallowing disorders, such as dysphonia (voice loss), and sialorrhea (hypersalivation). The experienced specialists use the Lumenis CO2 laser, which is currently available in only a few medical facilities around the world. It is particularly effective in the treatment of diseases of the vocal cords (polyps), tracheal stenosis (for example, caused by tumors), diseases of the throat, oral cavity, nasal tumours and skin injuries. The department also deals with the diagnostics and treatment of snoring and sleep disorders.
The department's service range is complemented by cochlear implantation, which is an ideal option for hearing restoration in certain clinical cases. It is usually performed on an outpatient basis, under general anesthesia. The department's otolaryngologists perform this operation for patients over the age of 12 months in cases where hearing can not be improved using hearing aids. The hearing aid only improves the intensity of the incoming sound, while the cochlear implant immediately converts the sound waves into electrical signals. Thus, cochlear implantation is one of the most effective methods of hearing restoration today.
It should be noted that the field of the department's competence also includes the treatment of diseases of the ear, throat and nose in children. The service range in this field includes both simple interventions to remove tonsils and the treatment of congenital malformations (aural atresia, cleft palate), as well as congenital cysts and neoplasms.
The key focuses of the department's clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign and malignant neoplasms of ENT organs (ear, throat, nose, mouth, laryngeal, salivary gland, neck tumors)
- Diagnostics and treatment of ear diseases
- Eardrum disorders
- Middle ear diseases
- Hearing loss
- Congenital atresia of the external auditory canal
- Diagnostics and treatment of nasal diseases
- Nasal congestion
- Allergic reactions
- Paranasal sinus diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of voice and swallowing disorders
- Difficulty swallowing
- Sialorrhea (excessive salivation)
- Diagnostics and treatment of speech disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of snoring and sleep disorders (obstructive sleep apnea)
- Diagnostics and treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children
- Congenital malformations
- Respiratory problems caused by congenital laryngeal malformations
- Congenital cysts and neoplasms
- Choanal atresia
- Facial plastic surgery
- Nose reshaping
- Correction of everted ears
- Elimination of facial wrinkles (Botox injections, filler injections)
- Face lift
- Neck lift
- Eyelid correction and blepharoplasty
- Cochlear implantation
- Other medical services
- 2001 Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Uludağ University, Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- 2001 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Uludağ University, Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- 1995 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Uludağ University, Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- 1983 Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University.
- 2009 Faculty of Medicine, Acibadem University, Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- Since 2006 Work in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Acibadem Healthcare Group.
- 1998 Faculty of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Otolaryngology.
- 1998 MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Texas, USA.
- 1998 Faculty of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Department of Otolaryngology.
- 1998 Department of Otolaryngology, Royal London Hospital, UK.
- 1995 University of Rochester, Mayo Clinic, Minnesota.
- 1994 Faculty of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Otolaryngology.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- European Head and Neck Society.
- Association of Otolaryngologists.
- Cancer Society (Bursa).
- Turkish Head and Neck Cancer Research Group.
- Turkish Sleep Medicine Society.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery.
- American Head and Neck Society.
- Balkan Society of Otorhinolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery.
- European Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Bursa Medical Association.
- Association of Surgeons Specializing in Head and Neck Surgery (Bursa).
- European Sleep Research Society.
- Turkish Head and Neck Society.
- Turkish Rhinology Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.