Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy II (152)
Klaus Friedrich Waschke
Specialized in: anaesthesiology, intensive care, pain therapy
About the department
The team of professionals of the Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Medicine and Pain Therapy II of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele supports You before, during and after the surgery as well as during Your stay in the Department of Multidisciplinary Intensive Care. The Department, headed by Prof. M.D. Klaus Friedrich Waschke, pays special attention to an individual approach to every patient. Most people feel certain fear before the surgery and required anaesthesia. The goal of the Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Medicine and Pain Therapy II of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele is to create the atmosphere, where You will feel comfortable.
The Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Medicine and Pain Therapy II of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by Prof. M.D. Klaus Friedrich Waschke, pays particular attention to the effective and safe overcoming of pains before, and, especially, during and after the surgery. The 24 hour anaesthetic emergency, which maintains close cooperation with the surgical specialties of the Alfried Krupp Hospital, is at Your disposal for this purpose.
The range of the provided services:
- Sparing anaesthesia techniques, based on the modern directions
- Modern concepts of nausea and vomiting preventive care
- Modern temperature control of the patient
- Measurement of the depth of anaesthesia
- Regional anaesthesia technique under ultrasound guidance
- Reduction of the required donated blood – autotransfusion
- Anaesthesia during delivery
- Intensive medicine
- Multidisciplinary surgical intensive medicine
- Support and replacement of vital organ functions
- Sparing and non-invasive artificial lung ventilation
- Consultation services on the ethical issues
- Provision of ward at the admission and an internal emergency team
- Emergency station outside the hospital (Steele Emergency Station)
- Team of resuscitation ambulance doctors of Essen fire emergency
- Pain therapy
- Complex perioperative pain therapy
- Outpatient and inpatient treatment of chronic pains (multimodal pain therapy)
Photo of the doctor: (c) Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy II.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.