Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele
Department of Internal Medicine III (153)
Peter Caspar Schulte
Specialized in: pulmonology, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, oncology
About the department
The main objective of the Department of Internal Medicine III at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by Dr. Peter Caspar Schulte, is an all-round and comprehensive treatment of the patients with all the forms of diseases of internal organs. The patients diagnosed with a few diseases are monitored by the group of doctors with various specializations. The Department of Internal Medicine in Essen-Steele, headed by M.D. Peter Caspar Schulte, offers laboratory diagnosis (24/7), intensive care with all the opportunities for the treatment of acute life-threatening diseases and comprehensive consultation services for the patients and their relatives. The Department of Internal Medicine III maintains close cooperation with other Departments of the Hospital.
The Department of Internal Medicine III of the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele, headed by Dr. Peter Caspar Schulte, specializes in diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases (pneumology). The Department of Internal Medicine III includes the Accredited Sleep Disorder Center (Sleep Laboratory) and the Weaning Unit. The stomach and intestinal diseases
(gastroenterology) are treated here as well.
The Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele offers almost the full range of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities for the treatment of lung and respiratory tract diseases.
- Pneumology with endoscopy and thoracic oncology
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
The Department is focused on the treatment of the following disorders in the field of gastroenterology and oncology:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Esophagitis/reflux disease (gastroesophageal reflux diseases)
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach (gastritis) and stomach ulcer
- Bowel cancer (colon cancer)
- Inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic cancer
The spectrum of the provided services includes:
- Pharmacological stress echocardiography
- Long-term (24-hour) ECG recording
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Doppler and duplex ultrasonography
- Therapy with the use of a pacemaker
- Coronary angiography
- Right and left heart catheterization
The Department offers the following services in the field of general therapy of internal diseases with endocrinology and diabetology:
- Functional tests of endocrine organs (hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid gland, pancreas, adrenal glands, gonads)
- Diagnosis of secondary forms of hypertension
- Treatment of the patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Multidisciplinary treatment of diabetic foot syndrome (in cooperation with the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery)
- Instruction for diabetics, nutrition advice
- Bone density measurement DXA (spine, hip, the whole body)
- Consultation services on osteoporosis
- Multidisciplinary pain therapy (in cooperation with the Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Medicine and Pain Therapy II)
Department of Internal Medicine III.
Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen-Steele:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home