Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul
Department of Hair Transplantation (609532)
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the department
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul offers the most advanced hair transplantation operations for the restoration of hair growth and provision of self-confidence for the patient. The medical facility specializes in hair transplantation using FUT, FUE, Sapphire FUE and DHI techniques – these methods have won recognition at the international level and allow the patient to get rid of alopecia once and for all. The department's doctors not only transplant hair to the head, but also effectively solve the problem of hair loss in the beard, mustache and eyebrows. The department's surgeons have successful clinical experience, so the patients can confidently entrust the health of their hair to real professionals. The department is headed by Dr. med. Zumreta Rizvanovic.
The department specializes in the following hair transplantation operations:
- FUT hair transplantation is a hair restoration technique, which is also called the flap or STRIP method. This technique involves transplantation of groups from one to four follicles – these groups are called follicular units or grafts. The FUT hair transplantation allows the surgeon to safely transplant thousands of grafts during one session, which increases the aesthetic effect of the operation. The intervention is absolutely painless. During the postoperative period, the patient may feel mild discomfort, which is easily eliminated by painkillers. The main advantage of the FUT technique is good results regarding natural hair growth, since full follicular groups are transplanted. Minimal scalp traumatisation is also an advantage of this technique.
- Hair transplantation using FUE technique. In order to carry out hair transplantation using this method, the hair must first be shaved. To ensure maximum comfort, local anesthesia is applied during the operation. The anesthetic is injected using fine needles, so the patient does not feel pain when extracting the hair. In some cases, it is possible to use non-injection anesthesia. The grafts are extracted using an automatic instrument with a micromotor. Initially, the doctor harvests about 3500-4000 grafts, the received donor material is placed in a special solution. Then the surgeon forms canals in the skin of the recipient area for hair transplantation. At this stage, the direction and density of the follicles are determined for the natural look of the transplanted hair. After the operation, the patient receives recommendations for hair care. The final result of the operation can be assessed in 1 year, since the hair will start to grow actively only 3 months after the intervention.
- Hair transplantation using Sapphire FUE technique. This technique is an improved version of the classic FUE method. The only difference is the use of a modified hair transplantation instrument. The tool has special tips made of a precious stone – sapphire. Sapphire blades prevent scarring and accelerate skin regeneration by forming small microchannels in the skin of the recipient area. The use of sapphire blades allows the doctors to achieve greater density of the transplanted hair, creating a more natural appearance.
- DHI hair transplantation. As of today, this hair transplantation technique is one of the most innovative ones. During the extraction of hair follicles, each individual graft is extracted from the donor area using a specially designed disposable instrument with a diameter of 1 mm or less. The follicles are stored at a certain temperature in a special solution, which improves their quality and maintains their viability. During the transplantation phase, hair follicles are implanted directly into the area where hair loss occurs, using a patented instrument called the CHOI Implanter Pen, which has a diameter of 1 mm or less, without prior formation of holes in the skin. Each hair follicle is transplanted in a certain direction, at the required angle and at the proper depth, ensuring 100% natural result. The transplanted hair follicles continue to grow throughout a person's life and no longer fall out.
- Other treatment methods for alopecia
- 1998 - 2008 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Selçuk University, Meram Campus.
- Professional training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, International University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Adana Numune Teaching and Research Hospital.
- Since 2015 Head of the Department of Hair Transplantation at the Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul.
- September 2011 7th Congress of the Balkan Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BAPRAS).
- September 2013 8th Congress of the Balkan Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BAPRAS) and the Academy of Aesthetic Surgery IPRAS, training "The Art of The Face".
- April 2014 6th National Congress of the Turkish Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, Antalya, Turkey.
- January 2015 Basic Course in Microsurgery, Çukurova University, Adana, Turkey.
- October 2015 2nd International Congress on Stem Cells and Cell Therapy.
- May 2015 Cellular therapy in plastic surgery and limitations of its use, Istanbul, Turkey.
- October 2017 39th National Congress of the Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Antalya, Turkey.
- January 2017 22nd National Congress of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Association, Istanbul, Turkey.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Anka Klinik
Department of Hair Transplantation.
Anka Plastic Surgery Clinic Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.