Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Allergology (396617)
Specialized in: allergology
About the Department of Allergology at Asan Medical Center Seoul
The Department of Allergy at the Asan Medical Center treats the whole range of allergic diseases. It provides a comprehensive treatment system that allows clinical specialists to perform a variety of tests so as to identify accurately causes of allergic disorders. An experienced staff of the department including skilled physicians, nurses and medical laboratory technologists specialized in allergy tests closely cooperate to offer the best medical care and services. Chief physician of the department is Dr. Hyouk-soo Kwon.
The only way to radically cure allergic diseases is allergen-specific immunotherapy. Therefore the department provides both subcutaneous and sublingual immunotherapy and is committed to radical cure and prevention of allergic diseases.
The department actively cooperates with the Asthma Center. The center not only conducts tests for pulmonary function, airway smooth muscle relaxation, bronchial provocation, and induced sputum, but also offers a comprehensive effective treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease (COLD) and chronic cough as well as education and counseling for proper environment management, allergen avoidance, and medication.
The main focuses of the Department of Allergology:
- Allergic rhinitis
- drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Gastrointestinal allergy
- Eosinophilic disorders
- Bee venom/insect allergy
- Atopic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Allergen-specific immunotherapy
- And other allergic diseases and treatment options
Curriculum vitae of M.D., Ph.D. Hyouk-soo Kwon
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University
Major Professional Experiences
- Assistant Professor in UUCM AMC
- Research Fellowship in Allergy, UUCM AMC
- Post Doctor, NIH
- Post Doctor, POSTECH
- Fellowship in Allergy, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
- Medical Residency in Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
- Internship in Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Allergology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.