Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Mammology (396618)
Specialized in: mammology
About the department
The Department of Mammology at the Asan Medical Center in Seoul offers modern diagnostics and treatment of all breast diseases, especially breast cancer. The specialists of the department have an advanced experience in the surgical treatment of breast cancer. Whenever possible, breast-conserving surgeries are performed. In order to achieve the best cosmetic result, patients are offered the full range of reconstructive surgery. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Sei-hyun Ahn.
To treat breast cancer, the department uses hormone therapy, targeted therapy and other methods of conservative treatment. If indicated, surgical treatment (radical mastectomy or breast-conserving surgery) is performed. In the majority of cases, preference is given to breast-conserving surgery, since it has a number of advantages for patients, especially in terms of cosmetic result. The surgery is followed by radiotherapy and other methods of conservative treatment in order to avoid the recurrence of the disease. In addition, the department offers the full range of reconstructive surgery for both immediate and delayed breast reconstruction.
Thanks to advanced technologies, long experience of the department’s physicians, the department achieves very high rates of treatment efficiency and overall survival of patients. With the largest number of surgical interventions in Korea, the department ranks among the leading international medical facilities in the field of breast cancer treatment.
The department offers the following options to treat breast cancer:
- Conservative treatments
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Surgical treatments
- Radical mastectomy
- Breast-conserving surgeries
- Reconstructive surgeries (both immediate and delayed reconstruction)
- And other treatment methods
Education and Professional Experience
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Professor at the University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center (UUCM AMC).
- Visiting Scholar, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA.
- Clinical Instructor, Clinical Assistant Professor, Adjunct Professor at the University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center (UUCM AMC).
- Specialization in Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center (UUCM AMC).
- Internship, Residency, Specialization in Surgery, Seoul National University.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Mammology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.