Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Cardiology (396619)
Specialized in: cardiology
The Department of Cardiology at the Asan Medical Center is now a world leader in heart disease treatment and research. It belongs to the Heart Institute and offers comprehensive, structured care from diagnosis and treatment through prevention and rehabilitation. The department specializes in the latest technology and techniques including minimally invasive robotically assisted da Vinci surgery, hybrid operations, and stent-graft applications. The department is headed by Dr. Duk-hyun Kang.
The department has a special expertise in treatment of aortic diseases including aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection, and aortostenosis. It offers the most appropriate treatment for each patient from conventional surgery and minimally-invasive surgery to percutaneous procedure to hybrid surgery that combines surgery and procedure, producing world-class treatment results.
The specialists of the department have been innovators in left main coronary artery intervention. More than 120 international physicians attend AMC’s Cardiology Training Program each year.
The range of services includes the following options:
- Diagnosis and treatment of valvular heart disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of aortic disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart failure and cardiac transplantation
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation center
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of other cardiovascular diseases
- Seoul, South Korea