Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Hematology (396625)
Specialized in: hematology
About the department
The Department of Hematology at the Asan Medical Center offers aims at offering optimized treatment to patients suffering from a variety of hematologic diseases. We computerized treatment protocols of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) as well as leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, myelodyplastic syndrome, and aplastic anemia to allow each patient to receive optimal treatment, and introduced the latest therapies including haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation to deliver super-specialized medical services.
The Hematologic Cancer and BMT Center provides the following treatments. For multiple myeloma, lymphoma, and some acute leukemia patients,an autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation is performed. injected into the patients after a high-dose chemotherapy treatment. Allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationis aimed to cure various diseases such as acute and chronic leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, and myeloproliferative neoplasm. Bone marrow transplantation from HLA-haploidentical family donors (parents, children or siblings) is available for patients who cannot receive bone marrow transplantation because there are no matched HLA-identical siblings or stranger donors.
The department of hematology is trying to offer the best treatment to patients with hematologic malignancies through accurate diagnosis, chemotherapy, and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Doctor of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea.
- Master of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Professor in Hematology, UUCM AMC.
- Associate Professor in HematoOncology, UUCM AMC.
- Assistant Professor in HematoOncology, UUCM AMC.
- Clinical Instructor in HematoOncology, UUCM AMC.
- Junior Faculty Associate at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Fellowship in Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Wright State University, Ohio, USA.
- Residency in Pathology, Saint Vincent Hospital, Massachusetts, USA.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Hematology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.