Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (403236)
Specialized in: obstetrics and gynecology
About the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Asan Medical Center Seoul
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Asan Medical Center offers diagnosis and treatment of benign and malign tumors in the uterus or uterine appendages, reproduction-related disorders and pregnancy complications as well as all other gynecological diseases. The goal of the department is to ensure optimal treatment and care for women of all age groups. The department is headed by Dr. Byung-moon Kang.
An essential part of the department is the Gynecologic Cancer Center, which specializes in treatment of gynecologic tumors. In particular, the center treats various cancers such as cervical, ovarian, endometrial, vaginal and vulvar cancer. In addition, the department also deals with diagnosis and treatment of premalignant lesions.
In the field of operative treatment, the department specializes in laparoscopic surgery, which is successfully applied in treatment of cervical, endometrial and early-stage ovarian cancer. The department performed more than 600 laparoscopic surgeries up to date, which is the greatest record in Korea.
It goes without saying that gynecologic cancer treatment does not end with surgery. To prevent its relapse, additional treatments such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy are needed. Therefore, a team of medical professionals in oncology, obstetrics and gynecology, radiation oncology, radiology, and pathology is created to achieve best results in diagnosing, determining a treatment plan and collaborating for intraoperative and postoperative care.
Another field of the department is the Precision Cancer Center that analyzes genomic variations of various tumors to obtain data for optimizing treatment strategies. For this purpose, new analytic technologies such as Onco-map or Onco-panel are applied.
Medical services of the department embrace diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Vaginal and vulvar cancer
- Rare gynecologic cancers
- And other oncogynecological diseases
Curriculum vitae of M.D., Ph.D. Byung-moon Kang
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Professor in Obsterics Gynecology, UUCM AMC.
- Associate Professor in Obsterics Gynecology, UUCM AMC.
- UCLA Hospital, Research Fellowship Los Angeles USA.
- Associate Professor in Obsterics Gynecology, INHA UNIVERSITY.
- Assistant Professor in Obsterics Gynecology, INHA UNIVERSITY.
- Clinical fellowship in Obsterics Gynecology, INHA UNIVERSITY.
- Residency in Obsterics Gynecology, Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship in the Seoul National University Hospital.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.