Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Oncology (403237)
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Department of Oncology at the Asan Medical Center offers diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of oncological diseases. These include stomach cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, malignant lymphoma, multiple myeloma, pancreatic cancer, esophageal cancer, head and neck cancer, urologic cancer, sarcoma, liver cancer, etc. Various cancer types are treated within specialized centers, which apply the latest medical advancements. The department is headed by Dr. Yoon-koo Kang.
The department offers excellent expertise and the most innovative treatment methods in treatment of all cancer types. The well-thought, efficient system of cooperation within the department allows patients to receive fast diagnosis and best medical services. For instance, in case of lung cancer the treatment strategy is determined by a multidisciplinary team involving specialists of pulmonology and critical care medicine, oncology, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery, radiation oncology, radiology, nuclear medicine and pathology. Based on rich experience in integrated treatment and the advanced treatment technology of each field, the department ensures the best treatment outcome for the patient.
Main areas of the department:
- Lung cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Liver cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Biliary tract and pancreatic cancer
- Urologic cancer
- Bone soft tissue sarcoma
- Brain tumor
- Skin cancer
- Center for Precision Cancer Medicine
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor in Oncology, UUCM AMC.
- Research Fellow in Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH of USA.
- Fellowship in OncologyHematology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea.
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea.
- Internship in Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
Department of Oncology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.