Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (403253)
Specialized in: otorhinolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at Asan Medical Center Seoul
The Department of Otorhinolaryngology at the Asan Medical Center offers both conservative and surgical treatment of all diseases of ear, nose, sinus, throat, mouth, neck, thyroid, salivary gland, trachea and esophagus. The department specializes in treatment of head and neck tumors, cochlear implantations, such procedures as adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy, surgeries for chronic rhinosinusitis and chronic otitis media, etc. The department is led by Dr. Woo-seok Kang.
The department has at its disposal the latest surgical methods that allow the physicians not only to completely remove benign and malignant tumors on the head and neck, but also to achieve improved cosmetic and functional reconstruction of this area. Specialists of the department successfully conduct skull base surgeries using developed techniques and technologies. Besides, they also have an extraordinary expertise in implantation of artificial cochlea that offers an opportunity to obtain a better quality of life for patients suffering from deafness.
In the field of surgical treatment, preference is given to endoscopic procedures, which help to ensure a shorter recovery time for the patient. In particular, various diseases of the sinus cavities are successfully treated endoscopically. Apart from that, the department belongs to the leading medical centers for rhinoplasty by constantly developing new procedures that will improve functional and cosmetic treatment outcomes.
The range of services offered by the department:
- Diagnosis and treatment of all benign diseases of ear, nose, sinus, throat, mouth, neck, thyroid, salivary gland, trachea and esophagus
- Diagnosis and treatment of head and neck cancer including thyroid, oral, oropharyngeal and laryngeal and salivary gland cancer
- Brain tumor treatment (in cooperation with the Brain Tumor Center)
- Cochlear implantation (more than 1,500 cochlear implantations have been already performed)
- Treatment of sleep apnea
- Correction of congenital and acquired abnormalities of the nose (rhinoplasty)
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases
Curriculum vitae of M.D., Ph.D. Woo-seok Kang
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Ulsan.
- Master of Medicine, University of Ulsan.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Associate Professor in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, UUCM AMC.
- Fellowship in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard University, USA.
- Assistant Professor in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Gangneng Asan Medical Center.
- Fellowship in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, UUCM AMC.
- Residency in Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, UUCM AMC.
- Internship in UUCM AMC.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.