Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Radiation Oncology (403256)
Su Ssan Kim
Specialized in: radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Radiation Oncology at the Asan Medical Center applies ionizing radiation to treat diseases, especially cancers. For instance, radiotherapy is used in treatment of the cancers of lung, stomach, esophagus, liver, breast, various urologic and gynecologic cancers, etc. Radiation therapy may be used alone or in combination with surgery, chemotherapy and/or biologic therapy to cure or alleviate cancer. The department is headed by Dr. Su Ssan Kim.
Radiation therapy can be applied against cancers that occur in almost any area of the body - the central nervous system, head and neck, thorax, gastrointestinal system, genitourinary system, gynecology, hematology, bone and soft tissue, pediatric, metastasis, etc. Occasionally, radiation therapy may also be applied non cancerous conditions such as thyroid-associated orbitopathy, hypertrophic scar, arterio-venous malformation, heterotopic ossification, etc.
Committed to the practice of evidence-based medicine, the Cancer Center team is continually finding new and better treatment options to improve the treatment outcomes of cancer patients.
Main areas of radiation oncology:
- Lung cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Liver cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Biliary tract and pancreatic cancer
- Urologic cancer
- Bone and soft tissue sarcoma
- Skin cancer
- Pituitary disorders
- And other diseases
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Ulsan.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Assist Professor in Radiation Oncology, UUCM AMC.
- Clinical Instructor in Radiation Oncology, UUCM AMC.
- Clinical Instructor in Radiation Oncology, Hallym University medical center.
- Fellowship in Radiation Oncology, Hallym University medical center.
- Residency in Radiation Oncology, UUCM AMC.
- Internship in Seoul National University Hospital.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Radiation Oncology.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.