Asan Medical Center Seoul
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine (403258)
Specialized in: rehabilitation medicine
About the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at Asan Medical Center Seoul
The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the Asan Medical Center offers customized rehabilitation programs for patients suffering from physical, neurological and other diseases that hinder them from being able to perform daily activities. The rehabilitation programs consist of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, etc. Advanced tests are utilized, such as motion analysis, electromyography, videofluoroscopic swallowing study, dynamic posturography, computerized neuropsychological testing, etc. The department is headed by Dr. Dae-yul Kim.
The department’s specialized clinics include the Prosthesis and Orthosis Clinic, Foot Clinic and Developmental Disorder Clinic. The Pain Clinic diagnoses and treats acute and chronic pain. The Lymphedema Clinic helps reduce problems during or after cancer treatment. The Neuromodulation Clinic provides treatment programs for brain lesions, tinnitus and fibromyalgia. The Sports and Health Medicine Center helps athletes of all ages recover from injury. The center also provides exercise programs for patients with high blood pressure, diabetes and hyperlipidemia.
Main areas of rehabilitation therapy:
- Central nervous system diseases: stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, brain tumor
- Musculoskeletal disorders: arthritis, backache, burn, amputee, gait disturbance
- Pediatric diseases: cerebral palsy, congenital malformation, developmental disorders, children with specific diseases
- Patients with cardiac and lung disorders
- Peripheral nervous system diseases
- Senile diseases: regenerative musculoskeletal disorders, regenerative nervous system diseases
- Cancer patients
- And other diseases
Curriculum vitae of M.D., Ph.D. Dae-yul Kim
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Master of Medicine, Seoul National University.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Seoul National University.
Major Professional Experiences
- Assist Professor, Associate Professor in Rehabilitation Medicine, UUCM AMC.
- Entrustment doctor in Rehabilitation Medicine, UUCM AMC.
- Assist Professor in Rehabilitation Medicine, Seoul National University Boramae Medical Center.
- Clinical fellowship in Rehabilitation Medicine, Seoul National University Boramae Medical Center.
- Residency in Rehabilitation Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital.
- Internship in Seoul National University Hospital.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Asan Medical Center
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Asan Medical Center Seoul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.