ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
Department of Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology (364705)
Specialized in: dermatology, allergology, venereology
About the Department of Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
The Department of Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology at the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department has the very latest methods of treatment and state-of-the-art equipment, which allows to provide accurate diagnostics and optimal treatment of skin diseases, sexually transmitted diseases and allergies. The department is headed by Dr. med. Claudia Jäger.
In the field of dermatology, there is offered a wide range of surgical treatment methods. All operations on the skin are performed in accordance with the strictest standards of modern dermatologic surgery. In addition to achieving the functional objectives of the intervention, great importance is also attached to the best possible cosmetic result. Many interventions are performed on an outpatient basis, for example, surgical removal of basal cell carcinoma with intraoperative (urgent) histological examination (3D histology similar to Mohs surgery). When detected in the early stages, it is possible to avoid surgery for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma. In such cases, effective treatment results are achieved by surgical sanitation of the affected skin area and local drug therapy
(imiquimod, 5-fluorouracil, the newest method of photodynamic therapy with the use of methyl-5-amino-4-oxopentanoate). In small skin tumors, there are often used conservative treatments, such as topical and drug therapy.
The department widely uses all modern laser devices and IPL laser system, which serve to eliminate pathological changes in the skin, signs of aging and hair removal. The main advantage of laser therapy is the absence of scars. The specialists conduct exhaustive consultations, during which the most suitable method is recommended.
In addition, the range of services includes aesthetic medicine – wrinkle treatment. The most effective means in this area are botulinum toxin injections or fillers (hyaluronic acid). Laser therapy is used to treat the skin damaged by the sun.
In the field of allergology, there are performed various allergological and provocation tests. In case of allergic reactions to implants, the experts of the department carry out highly specialized diagnostics, which covers the study of allergological anamnesis, epicutaneous test, analysis of histological examinations of peri-implant tissues and lymphocyte transformation test.
In the field of venereology, there are offered many diagnostic services for the detection of sexually transmitted diseases. After a thorough diagnostics, the most appropriate medicines are prescribed for fighting the disease.
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Claudia Jäger
- 04.1989 - 06.1995 Study of Medicine at the Heidelberg University.
- One-year practice, Tertial Surgery, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada.
- 08.1994 - 06.1996 Doctoral degree at the Institute of Immunology of the Heidelberg University. Thesis: "Immunohistochemical study of the plasminogen activator system in bullous autoimmune dermatoses, bullous pemphigoid and pemphigus" (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. med. M. Kramer).
Postdoctoral Scientific Work (10.1996 - 09.1998)
- Scholarship of the German Research Society, postgraduate studies (Prof. Dr. W. Kriz).
- Fundamental research, molecular biology, cell biology at the Institute of Immunology and Serology, Heidelberg University (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Kramer).
- Description of the new skin gene MAP17.
- The membrane-bound protein pKe # 192 / MAP17 in human keratinocytes, J Invest Dermatol. 2000, 115 (3): 375-380.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Dermatological Society (DDG).
- German Society of Allergology and Clinical Immunology (DGAKI).
- German Society for Mesotherapy.
Prizes and Awards
- Prix Pistor 2013, 1st Prize of the German Society for Mesotherapy. For outstanding research work in the field of mesotherapy (President: Dr. B. Knoll), 2013, Munich.
- Winner of the Contest, "The most common mycoses and their pathogens." Award of the Institute of Fungal Diseases and Microbiology (Prof. Dr. H. Tietz), 2012, Karlsruhe.
- Certificate Lecture Award AMEC 2013 (1st Anti-Aging Medicine European Congress), 2013 Paris, France.
Photo of the doctor: (c) ATOS Klinik Heidelberg
Department of Dermatology, Allergology and Venereology.
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.