ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
Department of Angiology (364710)
Specialized in: angiology
About the department
The Department of Angiology at the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg offers a full range of services in this field of medicine. The department specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of blood vessel diseases, including pathologies of veins, arteries and lymphatic vessels. At the center of all the efforts of the medical team of this department is a patient with his individual needs and wishes. Great attention is paid to improving professional competence and introducing innovative methods of diagnosis and treatment. The chief physician of the department is Dr. med. Frank Heckmann.
The most widely spread diseases in the field of angiology are occlusive diseases of arteries, diabetic foot syndrome, acute vein thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, as well as chronic venous insufficiency, including chronic wounds. Specialists of the department offer various methods of treatment of vascular diseases. At the same time, competing diseases or risk factors, such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus or lipid metabolism disorders are necessarily taken into account. Close cooperation is being conducted with many specialists from related fields, for example, with surgeons and radiologists. During the diagnostics, doctors use only painless, non-invasive methods. The most important role in the detection of vascular diseases is played by color duplex sonography.
Lymphatic vessels make up one third of the circulatory system. Lymph is responsible for collecting blood serum, penetrating into the tissues of the body, its filtration with the help of lymph nodes and return to the heart through venous blood. Lymphatic vascular injury is often the result of surgery, trauma or radiation, which in turn leads to obstruction of the lymphatic vessels and edema of the affected parts of the body. During treatment of diseases of lymphatic vessels, the lymphatic physician closely interacts with physiotherapists who have additional qualifications in this field of medicine. Methods of treatment of such pathologies include compression therapy, the use of special bandages and physiotherapy.
The range of services of the department is complemented by the treatment of venous diseases (for example, venous insufficiency, varicose veins, cosmetic defects, such as arachnid veins, etc.).
It should be noted that the department pays great attention to prevention, so they offer a unique interdisciplinary program of diagnostics (Check-up Program), which is easily adapted to the individual needs of each patient.
The range of services includes:
- Ultrasound duplex scanning of the abdominal cavity and leg vessels
- Treadmill test (ergometry on the treadmill)
- Ultrasound duplex scanning of the vessels of the neck
- Treatment of circulatory disorders
- Infusion therapy
- Ultrasound duplex scanning and ultrasound dopplerography of veins
- Micropenal sclerotherapy for treatment of varicose veins, varicose asterisks
- Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of thrombosis
- Diagnosis of coagulation disorders
- Treatment of wounds, ulcers
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of lymphatic vessels
- Ultrasonic diagnosis of lymph nodes and vessels
- Lymphatic drainage
- Other methods of diagnostics and treatment
- Study of medicine at the Heidelberg University.
- Internship, specialization: internal medicine, Manheim Clinic.
- Since 1992 Therapist.
- Since 1992 Work in own private practice.
- Since 1995 Angiologist and phlebologist.
- Since 1996 Work in the ATOS Clinic.
- Since 1999 Advanced training, angiology, phlebology and internal medicine.
- Since 2003 Head of the Academy of Medical Education (ESPM).
- 2010 Award "Mérite Européen" for merits in the field of preventive medicine.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Since 2003 Vice President of the European Society for Preventive Medicine (ESPM).
- German Society of Angiology (DGA).
- German Society of Phlebology (DGP).
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
Photo of the doctor: (c) ATOS Klinik Heidelberg
Department of Angiology.
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.