ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
Department of Rheumatology (364712)
Specialized in: rheumatology
The Department of Rheumatology at the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg offers a full range of services in this area of medicine. The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory rheumatic diseases. Such pathologies affect not only the joints (for example, rheumatoid arthritis) and the spine (for example, Bekhterev's disease), but also vessels (vasculitis) and tissues (collagenosis). The department uses modern methods of diagnostics and treatment that can significantly improve the health of patients, relieve them of unnecessary pain, physical limitations and preserve working ability. The chief physician of the department is Dr. med. Ines Dornacher.
Nowadays, a great number of various medications for rheumatoid diseases treatment exists. However, drug treatment is just one of the grounds the whole therapeutic complex bases on. Special kinds of physio- and working therapy, sport loads, right nutrition developed for each certain disease are of no less importance.
Thanks to the vast experience of the doctors of the department and complex methods of treatment, many patients suffering from rheumatic diseases experience not only reduced pain, but also a complete remission, i.e. long-term absence of complaints. The goal of treating rheumatic diseases is to prevent irreversible disorders. Nevertheless, using a multimodal therapy, the medical team achieves a significant improvement in the condition of patients even at the progressive stage of the disease development.
The head physician of the department, Dr. Ines Dornacher, and her medical team practice a very individual and personal approach in the relationship between the doctor and the patient. In addition, interdisciplinary cooperation with colleagues from other medical institutions is very important here.
The spectrum of medical services of the Department of Rheumatology covers:
- Laboratory tests
- Inflammatory marker tests (for example, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and C-reactive protein (CRP))
- Complete blood count
- Analysis of the characteristics of iron metabolism
- Tests for indicators of liver function, kidney, thyroid, electrolytes, uric acid, urine, as well as protein in serum
- Imaging diagnostics
- Sonography (ultrasound) and color duplex sonography for the most accurate diagnosis of joints, internal organs, thyroid, heart and blood vessels
- Radiological and radioisotope diagnostics (in cooperation with the Department of Radiology)
- Capillaroscopy (a painless and absolutely safe procedure that is successfully used in the diagnosis and further observation of inflammatory diseases of connective tissue (collagenosises))
- Puncture of the joints (also under the control of ultrasound)
- Bio pharmacological therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Consultation on nutrition with rheumatism
- Advice on osteoporosis
- Other methods of diagnosis and treatment
- Heidelberg, Germany