ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Neuropediatrics (364713)
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine, neuropediatrics
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Neuropediatrics at the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg offers a full range of services in these areas of medicine. The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system in children and adolescents. Much attention is also paid to comprehensive counseling of parents on all issues of interest. All medical services are provided in accordance with international standards. The chief physician of the department is Dr. med. Cornelia Bussmann who is a highly-qualified specialist owning a vast experience of more than 20 years of clinical practice and excellent results of treatment of children and adolescents.
It is known that the key to successful treatment is accurate diagnosis, which begins with a thorough study of the medical history and family history of the child. Then, all the necessary studies are appointed: electroencephalography, neurophysiological studies (studies of nerve conduction, EMG, SSEP, ZEP, SVP), studies to assess the development of the child and other tests.
Based on the diagnostic results, an optimal method of therapy is selected and an individual treatment plan is developed.
The department has all the conditions for a comfortable stay of children. The medical staff gets along well with the little patients and makes every effort to ensure that the child does not experience stress due to being in the clinic.
The range of medical services of the department covers the diagnostics and treatment of such diseases:
- Headache and migraine
- Developmental disorders
- Congenital and acquired motor disorders
- Down Syndrome
- Chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases of the central nervous system (for example, multiple sclerosis, acute disseminated encephalomyelitis)
- Febrile convulsions
- Neurological disorders in premature infants
- Genetic diseases
- Malformations of the brain
- Splitting of the spine (spina bifida)
- Tumors of the brain
- Muscular dystrophy
- Neurodegenerative diseases (for example, neuronal cephalic lipofuscinosis)
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Craniocerebral trauma
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Teak disorder
- Children's cerebral palsy (cerebral palsy)
- Other diseases
- Since 2015 Foundation of own specialized medical practice in pediatric neurology at the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg.
- 2014 - 2015 Head of the Social Pediatric Center at the Heidelberg University Hospital.
- 2009 - 2015 Senior physician at the Department of Neuropediatrics at the Heidelberg University Hospital.
- 2007 Training in the field of neuropediatrics.
- 2004 Recognition as a specialist in the field of pediatric and adolescent medicine.
- 1999 - 2001 Preoperative diagnostics of epilepsy with the help of long video EEG monitoring.
- 1998 Admission to medical practice and defense of a doctoral dissertation in the Heidelberg EEG certificate of the German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology at Ruprecht and Karl University. Topic: "Violations of the balance of sodium and water in children with intracranial diseases."
- 1997 - 2004 Internship at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1994 Internship, University Paris Descartes and McGill University in Montreal.
- 1989 - 1996 The study of medicine at the Kiel University named after Christian Albrecht and Ruprecht and Karl Heidelberg University.
- EEG Certificate of the German Society of Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Certificate "Epileptology plus" of the German Society of Epileptology.
- Certificate of Management of the Social Pediatric Center (DGSPC).
- Prestigious certificate of the European Academy of Epilepsy.
- Qualification in the field of professional genetic counseling.
- Certificate in the field of travel medicine (DTG).
Membership in Professional Societies
- Society of Neuropediatrics (GNP).
- German Society of Epileptology (DGfE).
- German Society of Child and Adolescent Medicine (DGKJ).
- The German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology (DGKN).
- German Society of Muscular Diseases (DGM).
Photo of the doctor: (c) ATOS Klinik Heidelberg
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Neuropediatrics.
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.