ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry (367763)
Specialized in: neurology, psychiatry
About the Department of Neurology and Psychiatry at ATOS Clinic Heidelberg
The Department of Neurology and Psychiatry at the ATOS Clinic Heidelberg offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department specializes in the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the central nervous system, for example, circulatory disorders of the brain, inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the brain and spinal cord, such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease. Separate interest is the treatment of epilepsy. To ensure excellent medical care, the department specialists use all advanced diagnostic and therapeutic methods of neurology and psychiatry. The department is headed by Dr. med. Kathrin Elze.
In recent years, the department has been paying great attention to identifying, preventing and treating neurological and mental disorders in older people, such as dementia and special age-related forms of mental disorders. In addition, the task of the department includes the diagnosis and treatment of nerve lesions and diseases of the peripheral nerves. In this field, an important role is played by cooperation with other disciplines (surgery, orthopedics, internal medicine).
In the field of psychiatry, the department offers treatment of temporary emotional disorders, affective disorders, psychoses and other clinical pictures. The treatment methods cover both supportive therapy in the form of conversations, as well as medication with neuroleptic drugs and antidepressants.
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Kathrin Elze
- 1985 Completion of the study of medicine at Leipzig University (MD).
- 1988 Doctoral degree.
- 1992 Specialized examination (neurologist and psychiatrist).
- 1985 -1992 Internship at the University of Leipzig, at the Hubertusburg Clinic in Wermsdorf and at the Department of Neurology at the Heidelberg University.
- 1993 - 2014 General medical practice in neurology and psychiatry (in cooperation with Dr. med. Psychiatrist Olga Scheiner).
- Since 2008 General medical practice in neurology and psychiatry (in cooperation with Stella Covtun).
- Since 2015 Work at the Center for Neurology and Psychiatry, Heidelberg (ZNPB).
- Since 2005 Additional qualification: special pain therapy.
- Since 2004 Certified Specialist of the German Society of Neurophysiological Research.
- Since 2014 Certified Medical Expert, Swiss Insurance Medicine (SIM).
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Neurology.
- German Society of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy.
- German Society of Pain Therapy.
- German Society of Neurophysiological Research.
- Swiss Insurance Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) ATOS Klinik Heidelberg
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry.
ATOS Clinic Heidelberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.