ATOS Orthoparc Clinic Cologne
Department of Arthroscopy, Shoulder, Hand Surgery and Sports Traumatology (389425)
Specialized in: arthroscopy, shoulder, hand surgery, sports traumatology
About the department
The Department of Arthroscopy, Shoulder, Hand Surgery and Sports Traumatology at the ATOS ORTHOPARC Clinic Cologne offers the full range of conservative and surgical treatment of shoulder, hand diseases, knee arthroscopy. A separate focus is placed on sports traumatology, in the field of which the chief physician of the department, Dr. Dirk Tenner, has a unique long experience.
The most common diseases of the shoulder and shoulder joint, which the specialists of the department have to deal with, include shoulder impingement syndrome, permanent shoulder pain, which can have different causes, rotator cuff tear, shoulder dislocation, calcific tendinitis of the shoulder (formation of calcium accumulation in the shoulder tendons) and frozen shoulder. Many patients with shoulder disorders experience pain when performing shoulder movements, especially when lifting their arms up, and pains become worse at night.
The specialists of the department use in their practice effective conservative and surgical methods that help patients to maximally restore shoulder mobility and eliminate pain. For example, the main conservative options in this area include drug therapy, cryotherapy, thermotherapy, acupuncture, direct current treatment, physiotherapy, etc. All these techniques are combined depending on the individual clinical situation. In cases where conservative therapy does not yield positive results, the doctors of the department resort to surgical treatment. Naturally, preference is given to minimally invasive techniques, but in particularly severe and advanced forms of pathology, the only effective treatment method still remains open intervention.
In addition, the department specializes in the treatment of diseases, injuries and developmental defects of the fingers, hand, wrist, forearm and elbow: carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger fingers, Dupuytren's contracture, rizartrosis (arthrosis of the thumb), tennis elbow and many others pathologies.
It is worth noting that the department has won an excellent reputation in the field of sports medicine. Medical services are provided to both amateur athletes, professional athletes, Olympic champions. There is maintained active cooperation with the German Sport University Cologne, Olympic base and German football club Bayer 04 Leverkusen. In the field of sports traumatology, the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services is offered. Here are treated injuries of any complexity, ranging from acute orthopedic sports injuries and up to chronic sports injuries. Many years of experience of the department's specialists and the state-of-the-art equipment contribute to the highest level of medical care. Here are offered various conservative and surgical treatments. Conservative options include physiotherapy, pain therapy, chiropractic, autologous platelet-rich plasma therapy, kinesiotherapy, acupuncture and many others. Surgical treatment covers foot and ankle surgery, spinal, shoulder surgery, knee arthroscopy, etc.
The service range of the department includes both diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases and injuries:
- Shoulder joint
- Impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff tear
- Acromioclavicular joint injuries
- And other diseases
- Knee joint
- Meniscal injuries
- Cruciate ligament injuries
- Patellar instability
- Axial deformities
- And other diseases
- Hand and wrist
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Trigger fingers
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Rhizarthrosis (arthrosis of the thumb))
- Tennis elbow
- And other diseases
- Sports traumatology
- All injuries of any complexity
- Knee arthroscopy
- Other diseases and injuries
- Since January 2013 Chief Physician of the Department of Arthroscopy, Shoulder, Hand Surgery and Sports Traumatology at the ATOS ORTHOPARC Clinic Cologne.
- 06/2010 - 12/2012 Senior Physician and Leading Physician at the Outpatient Surgery Center at the Vinzenz-Pallotti Hospital Berg, Gladbach.
- Senior Physician of the Department of Hand Surgery, Traumatology, Reconstructive Surgery, Head of the Department of Sports Traumatology, Deputy Head of the Department of Arthroscopic Surgery at the Vinzenz-Pallotti Hospital Berg, Gladbach.
- 2005 - 2012 Certified Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Acting Head of the Department of Hand Surgery, Traumatology, Reconstructive Surgery, Head of the Department of Sports Traumatology, Deputy Head of the Department of Arthroscopic Surgery at the Vinzenz-Pallotti Hospital Berg, Gladbach.
- 2004 - 2005 Assistant Physician in the Department of Orthopedics, since 1999 Responsible Doctor for the work of the Department of Sports Traumatology.
- 1999 - 2004 Assistant Physician in the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, extensive experience in arthroscopic surgery of all large joints, especially knee arthroscopy, Eduardus Clinic Cologne.
- 1998 - 1999 Assistant Physician in the Department of Hand Surgery, Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery, extensive experience in the field of hand and trauma surgery, Vinzenz-Pallotti Hospital Berg.
- 1997 - 1998 Albertus Magnus University of Cologne.
- 1996 - 1997 University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA.
- 1992 - 1996 Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
Membership in Societies
- Society of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Sports Medicine (GOTS).
- Working Group on Arthroscopy (AGA).
Photo of the doctor: (c) ATOS Orthoparc Klinik Köln
Department of Arthroscopy, Shoulder, Hand Surgery and Sports Traumatology.
ATOS Orthoparc Clinic Cologne:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.