Beta Klinik Bonn
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (413123)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at Beta Klinik Bonn
Thanks to the medical equipment of the latest generation, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Beta Klinic offers the full range of medical services. The department specializes in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, treatment of cataract, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy. In addition, the department is famous for conducting the top-class level ophthalmic diagnostics. The doctors of the department develop a clear and individual treatment plan for each patient. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Claudia Inhetvin-Hutter.
The department is the recognized Center for Eye Surgery. All laser treatments are available here, including LASIK, PRK and LASEK. These methods can differ in terms of clinical indications and the course of the operation. The most common treatment method for eyesight problems is the LASIK technique. The department also offers the so-called pars plana vitrectomy, which involves a total or partial removal of the vitreous body. An intravitreal administration of medications, which is also successfully provided on the basis of the department, has a great number of benefits for patients.
The department offers the following types of diagnostics:
- Eye pressure and visual acuity measurement
- Digital fluorescence angiography (examination of the contrast bottom agent)
- Electrophysiology (measurement of signals in the nervous system), wavefront analysis (measurement of optical errors)
- Endothelial biomicroscopy (examination of the inner wall of the cornea)
- Ophthalmological screening for premature infants
- Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT): three-dimensional analysis of the optic nerve in glaucoma
- Pentacam (front tomography, structural measurement of the cornea and lens condition)
- Orthoptic Room / Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Spectral optical coherence tomography: high-resolution macular diagnostics
- Ultrasound diagnostiсs, pachymetry (measurement of the cornea thickness)
The department’s spectrum of surgical services:
- Macular degeneration treatment
- Vitreous surgery (vitrectomy, intravitreal surgical administration of drugs)
- Surgical treatment of cataract and glaucoma
- Laser treatment of retinal diseases
- Eyelids surgery in the case of malformations and tumors
- Surgical treatment of retinal detachment
- Refractive surgery (change in refractive power) and laser treatment of ametropia (LASIK)
- Ultraviolet corneal cross-linking (corneal stitching) in keratoconus
- And other surgical treatment options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Claudia Inhetvin-Hutter
Dr. med. Claudia Inhetvin-Hutter specializes in ophthalmology and eye surgery, specifically in the retinal and vitreal surgery, as well as eye laser surgery.
- 1984 - 1986 Study of Biology at the Rhenish Friedrich Wilhelm University of Bonn, Germany, Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1986 - 1992 Study of Human Medicine at the Rhenish Friedrich Wilhelm University of Bonn, Germany.
- 1993 - 1994 Internship as a Doctor at the University Eye Clinic Bonn, Germany, Prof. Dr. med. M. Spitznas.
- 8/1994 Admission to medical practice.
- 6/1995 PhD thesis defense.
- 3/1997 Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology.
- 1997-2008 Senior Physician at the University Hospital Bonn, Germany, Prof. Dr. med. M. Spitznas, Prof. Dr. med. F. Holz.
- 2009 - 2011 Professional cooperation with Prof. Dr. med. W. Hunold in Aachen, Germany, inpatient doctor of choice at the Marienhospital in Aachen, Germany, Contract Physician of the North Rhine Medical Association (KVNO).
- Since 10/2011, professional cooperation with Dr. S. Roth, Dr. K. Roth and Dr. F. Roth in Bonn, Germany, Medical Assistant at the St.-Josef-Hospital in Bonn Beuel, Germany, Contract Doctor of the North Rhine Medical Association (KVNO).
- 1998 Specialization in Laser Surgery, North Rhine Medical Association.
- 2002 Qualification in Diving Medicine, Society of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine.
- 2003 Advanced training in Ultrasound in Ophthalmology, German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- 2005 Expert in TÜV Rheinland and LGA InterCert GmbH, responsibilities: evaluation of management systems according to DIN EN ISO 9001.
- 2007 Additional qualification in medical quality management, Medical Association of North Rhine.
- 2007 Moderator training, Medical Association of North Rhine.
- German Association of Ophthalmologists (BVA).
- German Society of Ophthalmology (DOG).
- German Retina Society (RG).
- Rhine Westphalia Ophthalmologists Association (RWA).
- German Uveitis Working Group (DUAG).
- Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Society (GTÜM).
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- Association of Ophthalmic Surgeons (VOA).
- Association of German Ophthalmic Surgeons (BDOC).
- Commission for Refractive Surgery (KRC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Beta Klinik Service-, Verwaltungs- und Forschungs- GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Beta Klinik Bonn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.