Beta Klinik Bonn
Department of Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology (414197)
Jörg Otto Schwab
Specialized in: cardiology, interventional cardiology
About the department
The Department of Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology at the Beta Klinik offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The most important clinical focuses of the department include the treatment of heart arrhythmias (including the use of telemonitoring), heart failure, arterial hypertension, the installation of pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Jörg Otto Schwab.
Much attention is paid to the prevention of heart disease, which is implemented with the help of modern examination methods, for example, echocardiography, heart MRI, etc. To prevent heart attacks, the department's medical team conducts a comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of heart failure, including a catheter examination to eliminate coronary artery stenosis.
The service range of the department includes:
- ECG at rest, stress ECG, 24-hour ECG monitoring
- ECG at rest, stress ECG with the use of 3D electrocardiography
- Blood pressure measurement
- Monitoring of patients after the installation of pacemakers, ICD, including heart MRI
- Telemedicine (remote diagnosis and monitoring) for patients with heart failure and patients with a pacemaker, cardioverter-defibrillator
- Other diagnostic services
- Surgical treatment
- Coronary vessel surgery with the use of catheter systems and electrocauterization in heart arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Implantation of miniature sensors for fixing irregular heartbeat or syncope
- Implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Other therapeutic options
- 1989 - 1995 Study of Medicine at the Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany.
- 1996 - 2001 Assistant Physician, Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Giessen, Germany; since 10/2001 Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Bonn, Germany.
- Since 03/2003, Senior Physician.
- Since 03/2010, Assistant Director.
- 09/2002 Board certification, Internal Medicine.
- 08/2000 Doctoral dissertation.
- 04/2004 Habilitation, Internal Medicine.
- Since 08/2009, W2 Professor in Interventional Cardiology/Intensive Medical Care.
- Sudden cardiac death.
- Cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).
- ICD therapy and CRT.
- Remote patient monitoring.
- German Society of Cardiology.
- Since 2002, North American Society for Pacing.
- European Heart Rhythm.
- Since 06/2005, Association and European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- Since 09/2006, Fellow of ESC.
- Since 08/2010, Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS).
- Speaker of AG33 Telemonitoring, since 04/2013 of the German Society of Cardiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Beta Klinik Service-, Verwaltungs- und Forschungs- GmbH
Department of Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology.
Beta Klinik Bonn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.