Beta Klinik Bonn
Department of Nuclear Medicine (414242)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Beta Klinik offers the full range of services in this field and specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases with the help of radioactive substances. Of particular interest is the treatment of thyroid disorders. The department works in close cooperation with the University Hospital Bonn and many Private Practices, which guarantees patients comprehensive medical care in accordance with the highest standards of modern medicine. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Jürgen Biersack.
After an exhaustive consultation with the doctor, the patient will receive an optimal plan featuring diagnostic or therapeutic measures.
The main attention is paid to the treatment of the following pathologies:
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Thyroid cancer
- Liver tumors
- Liver metastases
- Bone metastases
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Other pathologies
The service range of the department includes:
- Clinical and specialized examinations
- Comprehensive laboratory thyroid diagnostics (fT3, fT4, TSH, thyroid antibodies, tumor markers)
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Duplex sonography (thyroid blood flow testing and detection of potentially dangerous thyroid nodules)
- Other diagnostic options
- Therapeutic services
- Drug therapy
- Hormonal therapy
- The use of antithyroid drugs (thyreostatics)
- Radioiodine therapy
- Surgical treatment
- Other treatment methods
- 1966 - 1972 Study of Medicine in Bonn.
- 1974 Thesis defense (Dr. med.).
- 1974 - 1978 Resident, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Bonn.
- 1978 Venia Legendi in Nuclear Medicine, Bonn.
- 1978 Assistant Director, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Bonn.
- 1982 Professor in Nuclear Medicine (Bonn).
- 1986 Professor and Chairman, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Bonn.
- 1988 - 1990 Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bonn.
- 1990 - 1992 Vice Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Bonn.
- 1990 - 1992 Senator, Senate of the University of Bonn.
- 1992 - 1994 President, German Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- 1994 - 1998 President, World Federation of Nuclear Medicine and Biology.
- 1997 - 2000 Vice Rector (Research), University of Bonn.
- 2012 Congress President, German Society of Nuclear Medicine.
Awards and Honors
- Alfred Gütgemann Award (1979).
- Order of Merit, Federal Republic of Germany.
- Sign of Honor, Red Cross.
- Werner Heisenberg Medaille (2000).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Beta Klinik Service-, Verwaltungs- und Forschungs- GmbH
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Beta Klinik Bonn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.