Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology (569805)
Specialized in: dermatology, venereology, allergology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology at the Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin offers the full range of services, ranging from modern surgical and laser treatment methods, classical therapy and ending with emergency medical care in skin lesions. The department's areas of specialization include allergology, dermatological oncology, surgical dermatology, andrology, phlebology, mycology, proctology and tropical medicine. Important attention is paid to cooperation with other departments of the hospital, as well as with external partners, for example, with the Skin Cancer Center Charite. The department is headed by Dr. med. Ralf Hartmann.
To provide quick, comprehensive and accurate diagnostics of dermatological diseases, the department operates several high-tech laboratories. In addition to inpatient treatment, there is also offered outpatient therapy, including the surgical one. In particular, the department houses the modern outpatient Light Therapy Unit (UVA, UVB, SUP, UVB 311nm), Balneotherapy Unit (PUVA-bath therapy).
It should be noted that the department has exceptional competence in the treatment of chronic wounds. This field is certified by the German Dermatological Society.
The key focus of the department is also the treatment of skin cancers. Medical care covers the whole range of modern diagnostics and therapy for all types of skin cancer. In addition to the necessary surgical procedures, the department performs operations to remove primary tumors and sentinel lymph nodes, histological examinations, immunotherapy and chemotherapy. The tasks of the department's doctors include plastic reconstructive interventions after skin tumor resection. All diagnostic and therapeutic procedures comply with the protocols of both international and national professional societies.
The service range of the department includes:
- Inpatient medical care
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic inflammatory skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, etc.
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin tumors, including immunotherapy, chemotherapy for malignant melanoma and lymphoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin diseases caused by pathogens (for examinations, erysipelas, shingles, fungal infections)
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune diseases (for example, bullous skin diseases)
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic reactions to insect venom (wasps, bees)
- Provocative tests in order to identify food allergy and drug allergy, as well as chronic recurrent urticaria
- Plastic reconstructive surgery after the resection of large skin tumors, as well as for the correction of defects in problem areas (for example, in the head)
- Radical surgical treatment of skin tumors (if necessary, also sentinel lymph node removal)
- Stage-relevant surgical treatment of chronic leg ulcers and varicose veins
- Surgical removal of sweat glands in increased sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Surgical therapy of the pilonidal sinus
- Outpatient medical care
- Diagnostics and treatment of acne and similar skin diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin lesions caused by pathogens
- Skin cancer screening, therapy and follow-up monitoring
- Diagnostics and treatment of rash, eczema
- Diagnostics and treatment of chronic inflammatory skin diseases (for example, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of pruritus
- Sexually transmitted diseases (diagnostics of urethritis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of all types of hair diseases (hereditary or focal hair loss)
- Diagnostics and treatment of nail diseases (including the surgical one)
- Diagnostics of male infertility
- Diagnostics and treatment of varicose veins
- Special clinical focuses
- Diagnostics and treatment of hay fever
- Diagnostics and treatment of house dust mite allergy
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic asthma
- Contact allergy and eczema, insect venom allergy (testing and desensitization)
- Diagnostics and treatment of food intolerance
- Diagnostics and treatment of drug allergies
- Diagnostics and treatment of occupational dermatoses
- Diagnostics and treatment of all types of skin cancer (dermato-oncology)
- Plastic reconstructive surgery after the treatment of skin oncopathology
- Tropical dermatology
- Consultations for patients before travels to exotic countries
- Vaccination and examination of the patient after returning from an exotic country
- Consultations and treatment of unclear skin changes after being in an exotic country
- Light therapy and balneotherapy (PUVA bath therapy)
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory testicular diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the epididymis
- Underdevelopment of the reproductive organs (all types of hypogonadism)
- Abnormal positioning of the testicles
- Testicular tumors
- Ejaculatory disorders
- Fertility impairment due to the drug administration, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, intoxication or drug abuse
- Detection of genetic causes of infertility
- Male genitourinary infections
- Andrological endocrinology (hormonal disorders in men)
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic wounds (within a specialized center)
- Diagnostics and treatment of proctological diseases
- Anal itching
- Anal bleeding
- Fecal incontinence
- Anal eczema
- Perianal venous thrombosis
- Genital warts
- Anal fissures
- Residual hemorrhoidal skin tags
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (c) Bundeswehrkrankenhaus Berlin
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology.
Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.