Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (569808)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin offers the full range of diagnostics, surgical and conservative treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. The priority focuses of the department are surgical otolaryngology and plastic surgery in the head and neck. The department has ultramodern operating rooms, in which more than 2,500 operations of varying degrees of complexity are carried out annually. The department's doctors have excellent qualifications in functional endoscopic sinus surgery, salivary gland surgery and laser tumor surgery. In addition, the department has particularly successful clinical activities in microsurgical procedures for the treatment of pathologies of the middle ear and larynx. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Herbert Eichwald.
The department's specialists widely apply innovative surgical techniques in the course of surgical treatment, for example, navigation-assisted surgery, endoscopic procedures on the salivary glands, which significantly reduce the risk of postoperative complications, minimize pain and contribute to the reduction of the recovery period after the intervention. Thanks to the introduction of the very latest surgical techniques, many operations are performed on an outpatient basis, therefore the patient is able to return home on the day of the surgical procedure.
The basis of therapy is an interdisciplinary approach. Especially it concerns cancer therapy, in the case of which the related departments and partner hospitals are involved. Each clinical case is reviewed at regular interdisciplinary tumor boards certified by the Berlin Medical Association. All these options create excellent conditions for the provision of effective and high-quality medical care.
The service range of the department includes:
- Inpatient surgical treatment
- Nasal septum and paranasal sinus surgery
- Endoscopic interventions
- Functional surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laser surgery
- Navigation-assisted surgery
- Microsurgical interventions in the inner and middle ear
- Eardrum reconstruction surgery
- Reconstruction of the auditory ossicles
- Laser stapedotomy
- Auditory tube dilation
- Ablation in exostoses
- Cholesteatoma surgery
- Minimally invasive laryngeal laser surgery for the treatment of vocal cord polyps, Reinke's edema, tumors
- Functional and aesthetic surgery
- Nose reshaping (septorhinoplasty, rhinophyma)
- Ear plastic surgery (correction of everted ears)
- Plastic and reconstructive interventions after accidents and injuries
- Salivary gland surgery with intraoperative neuromonitoring of the facial nerves, as well as sialendoscopy
- Conventional and laser surgery in ENT cancers
- Surgical treatment of the midfacial injuries (for example, orbital floor fracture, zygomatic arch fracture)
- Minimally invasive surgery in rhonchopathy (snoring treatment) using radiofrequency techniques
- Tonsillectomy (tonsil removal)
- Surgical interventions in children
- Adenectomy (nasopharyngeal tonsil removal)
- Tonsillectomy (tonsil removal) using radiofrequency techniques
- Drainage of the tympanic cavity in the middle ear effusion
- Nasal septum and paranasal sinus surgery
- Outpatient surgical treatment
- Surgical intervention in children
- Eardrum drainage in adults
- Intratympanic injections (cortisone, gentamicin)
- Removal of small tumors (for example, atheromas, basal cell carcinomas, carcinomas) in the face and head
- Diagnostic biopsy
- Laser therapy in pathologies of the nasal concha and endonasal polyps
- Diagnostic options and conservative therapy
- Head and neck ultrasound examinations
- Otoneurology for the examination of voice and speech, hearing, functions of the middle ear and the vestibular apparatus, hearing screening for the selection of a hearing aid, brainstem audiometry
- Allergology: prick tests, radioallergosorbent test, nasal provocation, desensitization
- Video laryngoscopy (in HD quality), narrow-band imaging
- Intravenous therapy (antibiotics, cortisone)
- Other methods of diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.