Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (570201)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin offers the full range of diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the urogenital system in men and boys. The main clinical activities of the department include the treatment of diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract in both sexes, the treatment of pathologies of the male genital organs. The key focus is the surgical treatment of urological tumors (more than 1,700 surgical procedures per year). The surgical spectrum is complemented by various types of chemotherapy and targeted therapy, for example, for kidney cancer. In addition, the department's doctors specialize in the treatment of kidney stone disease. The department is headed by Dr. med. Holger Heidenreich.
An integral part of the Department of Urology is the Prostate Center Berlin-Mitte. Due to the interdisciplinary approach, the tremendous experience and high professionalism of doctors, it offers the accurate diagnostic, effective treatment and follow-up care for patients with prostate cancer. All diagnostic and therapeutic measures strictly comply with the recommendations of the German Cancer Society for Cancer Centers. The department also does an excellent job of treating testicular, bladder and kidney cancers. The department's doctors have in their arsenal both surgical and drug treatments, which have proven themselves at the world level. It should be noted that the department is actively involved in multicenter cancer research.
The department is also one of the best in the treatment of kidney stone disease. For this purpose, it practices all progressive treatments, for example, extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy, removal of stones using ureterorenoscopy, fragmentation of bladder stones, etc. The method of treatment is selected taking into account such factors as the size and location of the stone, symptoms and the presence of urinary retention, the general health of the patient. In case of small stones, medication therapy is often sufficient.
The service range of the department includes:
- Cancer surgery
- Total prostate removal with preservation of potency (radical prostatectomy)
- Total bladder removal and its replacement while retaining the ability to control urination (radical cystectomy)
- Radical kidney tumor removal (nephrectomy)
- Removal of the kidney and ureter (nephroureterectomy), also using laparoscopic techniques
- Partial kidney resection or kidney tumor enucleation (organ-sparing surgery)
- Minimally invasive lymph node removal (lymphadenectomy)
- Partial and total removal of the penis and lymph nodes in penile cancer (penectomy/lymphadenectomy) with lymph node marking
- Testicle and spermatic cord removal
- Surgical treatment of kidney diseases
- Simple, radical kidney removal with or without adrenal glands or partial kidney removal (nephrectomy)
- Laparoscopic kidney removal
- Renal pelvis plastic surgery (also laparoscopic method)
- Surgery to fix the kidneys in case of their prolapse (nephropexy)
- Interventions on the external genitals
- Foreskin removal/circumcision
- Removal of the testicle and epididymis (orchiectomy/epididimectomy)
- Hydrocele resection
- Removal of seminal fluid accumulation in the epididymis (spermatocele resection)
- Fixation of too mobile testicle, correction of testicular torsion (orchidopexy)
- Sclerotherapy for varicocele
- Sterilization in men
- Endoscopic surgery
- Removal of bladder tumors through the urethra (transurethral resection of the bladder)
- Removal of benign prostatic hyperplasia through the urethra (transurethral resection of the prostate gland)
- Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)
- Imaging-guided urethral dissection
- Treatment of ureteral stenosis
- Ureteroscopy to remove stones (ureterorenoscopy)
- Electrohydraulic and laser fragmentation of stones, percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy, including mini percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy
- Other surgical interventions
- Hernia repair
- Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia through an open access
- Urethral reconstruction using oral mucosa tissues
- Bladder fixation (in its prolapse) to the coccyx
- Penile prosthetics
- Straightening of the penile curvature (Nesbit operation)
- Laparoscopic clipping of varicocele (alternative to sclerotherapy of varicose veins of the spermatic cord)
- Treatment of kidney stone disease
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrolitholapaxy
- Removal of stones using ureterorenoscopy
- Fragmentation of bladder stones
- Treatment of urologic diseases in children
- Other medical services
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
Bundeswehr Academic Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.