Bundeswehr Hospital Berlin
Department of Dentistry (570204)
Specialized in: dentistry
About the Department of Dentistry at Bundeswehr Hospital Berlin
The Department of Dentistry at the Dr. med. Dr. dent. Michael-Peter Makosch offers the full range of services in this medical field and specializes in the treatment of general dental diseases, dental implantology, oral surgery and the treatment of periodontal diseases. The department performs more than 1,400 outpatient surgical procedures and about 300 dental implant procedures every year. The clinical practice of the medical facility is based on the current recommendations of the German Society for Dental, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, which allows the doctors to guarantee an excellent long-term result of therapy. The department has modern treatment rooms and a special operating room for surgical interventions in the oral cavity. Whenever required, the department's specialists perform interventions in the oral cavity under general anesthesia. The department's dentists are experienced professionals who are always ready to help their patients restore their dental health and enjoy a beautiful smile. The Head Physician of the department is Dr. med. Dr. dent. Michael-Peter Makosch.
The department has state-of-the-art dental rooms equipped with standard and innovative devices for the effective image-guided treatment. In cooperation with the Department of Anesthesiology, the surgical treatment is performed under general anesthesia. The team of the department's dentists cares not only about the positive result of the treatment from a medical point of view, but also about the aesthetic aspect. The doctors carefully select the best therapy option that allows them to give their patients a beautiful smile and save them from complexes.
The department has a high-tech Dental Laboratory, which produces special bandages and splints to prepare for surgical operations. The laboratory also deals with the repair of the damaged dentures, as well as partial dentures and splints for the treatment of malocclusion during functional therapy.
One of the main and the most demanded areas of the department's clinical practice is dental implantology. The placement of a dental implant allows the doctors to restore even a completely lost tooth without resorting to the classical method of attaching some structures to the adjacent teeth. The dental procedure involves the placement of a special metal pin that is implanted in the jaw, followed by covering it with the prosthesis. To ensure the best result, the department's dentists use computer-assisted equipment to create a 3D model of the patient's jaw, taking into account the thickness and mineral composition of the bone tissue under the gum of the lost tooth, which largely determines the success of the follow-up treatment. Dental implants completely imitate the patient's natural tooth, while also performing the functions of a natural tooth. Dental implants guarantee an excellent aesthetic result. An indisputable advantage is their durability, as dental implants last 15-25 years.
The department successfully performs various interventions in the oral cavity. For example, dentists have vast experience in the surgical extraction of teeth, root apex resection, surgical interventions on the gums, surgical procedures to remove small neoplasms of the oral mucosa, etc. As a rule, the patients are treated on an outpatient basis, so they can leave the department on the day of the intervention.
The department's range of dental services includes:
- General dentistry
- Filling and treatment of root canals
- Restoration of teeth with prostheses (for example, CAD/CAM technology, ceramic restoration)
- Aesthetic dental procedures (for example, teeth whitening, veneer placement)
- Treatment of periodontal diseases
- Placement of special splints to prevent snoring
- Oral surgery
- Placement of dental implants and bone augmentation
- Surgical procedures on the gums
- Tooth extraction, including the surgical one
- Root apex resection, surgical techniques to save teeth, cystectomy
- Treatment of head, skull and face injuries (interdisciplinary medical care)
- Treatment of infectious tooth lesions
- Removal of small tumors of the oral mucosa
- Treatment of myofascial pain (in collaboration with the specialized doctors)
- Systemic antibiotic therapy for periodontitis/peri-implantitis
- Treatment of periodontitis caused by other diseases
- Plastic surgery of the gums and jaw bones (for example, closure of the exposed tooth necks)
- Prevention and individual care, maintenance therapy for periodontitis
- Other therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (c) Bundeswehrkrankenhaus Berlin
Department of Dentistry.
Bundeswehr Hospital Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.