Capio Clinic im Park for Innovational Phlebology Hilden
Department of Phlebology (326819)
Horst Peter Steffen
Specialized in: phlebology
About the Department of Phlebology at Capio Clinic im Park for Innovational Phlebology Hilden
The Department of Phlebology at the Capio Clinic in the Park offers a wide range of services. The department has all capabilities for providing modern sparing diagnostics with the use of different innovative methods. The department has been the leading center for the treatment of various forms of lower extremity varicose veins for more than 30 years. It is headed by Dr. Horst Peter Steffen.
The service range offered in the department includes:
- Varicose veins
- Spider veins
- Trophic ulcers
- Light reflection rheography (LRR)
- Venous occlusion Plethysmography (VOP)
- Venous pressure measurement (VPM)
- Color duplex sonography
- Doppler ultrasound
The department offers the following treatment methods:
Surgical methods of vein treatment:
- Sparing stem vein therapy by CHIVA
- Extraluminal valvuloplasty
- Partial stripping
Non-surgical treatment methods
- Laser therapy
- Radiowave therapy
- Compression therapy
Alternative therapy for varicose veins
- Endoluminal laser therapy
- Improved CHIVA
- Ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy
- Shockwave therapy
Biological treatment methods:
- Ozone-oxygen therapy
Curriculum vitae of Dr. Horst Peter Steffen
- 1997 - 2001 Medical education in the field of “General Surgery”, “Abdominal Surgery”, “Traumatology”, St. Marienhospital, Oberhausen.
- 2001 - 2002 Assistant Doctor with specialization in General and Vascular Surgery, St. Marienhospital, Gelsenkirchen-Buer.
- 2002 Physician of General Surgery, Westfalen-Lippe Medical Chamber.
- 2002 - 2004 Medical education in the field of "Vascular and endoscopic surgery", Augusta-Krankenhaus clinic, Dusseldorf.
- 2004 Degree in "Vascular Surgery" (Nordrhein Medical Chamber) and dissertation at Henry Heine University, Dusseldorf.
- 2005 - 2008 Senior Physician and Deputy Chief Physician, the Department of Vascular and Endoscopic Surgery, Reinbek Clinic, University Hospital of Hamburg.
- 2008 Additional specialization in "Phlebology" (Schleswig-Holstein Medical Chamber) and getting the "Foot Surgery" certificate from Society of Foot Surgery (GFFC).
- 2005 - 2008 Senior Physician and Deputy Chief Physician in the Department of Vascular and Endoscopic Surgery, Traunstein Clinic, University Hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich.
- 2009 Certificate "Lymphology" from German Society of Lymphology (DGL); certificates "Endovascular surgeon" and "Endovascular specialist" from German Society of Vascular and Endoscopic Surgery (DGG).
- Since 2009, the Head Physician of the Capio Klinik im Park, Phlebology Center of the North Rhine-Westphalia land.
- 2011 Member of the examination commission in the Medical Chamber of the North Rhine (Nordrain).
- 2015: Certificate of a Doctor specializing in Hygiene.
- 2015 Advanced training course based on Good Clinical Practice standards - Head of the training sector in Capio Klinik im Park.
- 2016 Member of the Council for Minimally invasive surgery and Phlebectomy for varicose veins.
- 2017 Member of the Scientific Council, German Society of Phlebology (DGP).
- Competence in "Salvation Service".
- Competence in"X-ray diagnostics": The whole area of diagnosis, including mammography and CT.
- Competence in "X-ray diagnostics": Vascular diagnostics, Responsible for protection from radiation.
- Certificate of Excellence, Medical Chambers of Schleswig-Holstein and the North Rhine.
- Responsible for protection from radiation.
Membership in Societies:
- Professional Association of German Surgeons (BDC).
- German Society of Vascular Surgery (DGG).
- German Society of Phlebology (DGP).
- German Vein League (DVL).
- Association of Lower Rhine-Westphalia Surgeons.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Capio Klinik im Park
Department of Phlebology.
Capio Clinic im Park for Innovational Phlebology Hilden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.