Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur
Department of General and Interventional Cardiology, Internal Intensive Care (588504)
Specialized in: general and interventional cardiology, internal intensive care
About the department
The Department of General and Interventional Cardiology, Internal Intensive Care at the Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur offers the full range of diagnostics and interventional therapy of cardiovascular diseases. The therapeutic offer is complemented by internal intensive care, including extracorporeal procedures. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Felix Post.
The department has two modern Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories. The department also includes a Chest Pain Unit certified by the German Society of Cardiology..The purpose of all employees of this unit is to provide prompt and effective therapy in acute chest pain, which most often indicate heart attack. The department has at its command the advanced equipment for the effective diagnostics, which helps to identify the exact cause of pain. In the case of heart attack, the patient is urgently transferred to the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory for emergency treatment.
In addition to the high-class medical service, the department's patients enjoy a pleasant atmosphere, friendly attitude from the medical staff and attentive medical care
The diagnostic and therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostic and interventional heart catheter diagnostics (round-the-clock)
- Interventional closure of open foramen ovale/atrial septal defect
- Atrial appendage closure
- Myocardial biopsy
- Valvuloplasty in valvular heart diseases
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Fractional flow reserve measurement
- Stress and resting right heart catheterization
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography
- Doppler echocardiography (color Doppler imaging)
- Stress echocardiography (using pharmaceuticals or ergometry)
- 3D echocardiography
- Doppler ultrasound of blood vessels
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity and thyroid gland
- Puncture (for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes)
- Stress ECG
- Tilt table test
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- 24-hour ECG monitoring
- Comprehensive laboratory diagnostics in acute symptoms and suspected myocardial infarction
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac CT
- Interventions on the peripheral and cervical vessels
- Transcoronary ablation in septal hypertrophy
- Internal intensive care (including extracorporeal procedures)
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (с) Katholischen Klinikum Koblenz - Montabaur
Department of General and Interventional Cardiology, Internal Intensive Care.
Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.