Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur
Department of Electrophysiology and Rhythmology (588507)
Specialized in: electrophysiology, rhythmology
About the Department of Electrophysiology and Rhythmology at Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur
The Department of Electrophysiology and Rhythmology at the Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur offers the full service range for the diagnostics and treatment of all types of heart rhythm disorders (cardiac arrhythmias), for example, paroxysmal tachycardia, extrasystoles, dizziness or syncope due to tachycardia or bradycardia. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Osman Balta.
The diagnostics is carried out using specialized examinations, particularly long-term ECG monitoring, the use of event recorders (mobile and implantable), tilt table tests and electrophysiological examinations. The department's doctors have vast and successful experience in the treatment of patients using pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization therapy. The department has 36 beds.
It is worth noting that the department is certified by the German Society of Cardiology as the leading German training medical facility in rhythmology. Thus, the department offers all modern diagnostic and therapeutic options for the patients with arrhythmias.
The service range of the department includes:
- Electrophysiological examinations and catheter ablation
- Atrial fibrillation ablation
- Atrial appendage closure in atrial fibrillation
- 3D rotational angiography using contrast agents (creation of 3D map (CARTO 3) of the pulmonary veins and any part of the heart)
- Pulmonary vein therapy using ablation catheter (the department is recognized as a national and international training center in this field)
- Treatment of ventricular tachycardia using antiarrhythmic drugs, defibrillators, catheter ablation or a combination of these methods (in recurrent ventricular tachycardia, 3D mapping CARTO 3 is performed)
- Cardiac resynchronisation therapy
- Event recorder implantation
- Ablation in atrial fibrillation with the insertion of a catheter into the pulmonary veins
- Cryobalance ablation for the treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Use of the cardiac contractility modulation system for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias in patients with heart failure
- Implantation of epicardial (myocardial) electrodes (direct implantation of the probe into the heart muscle through a small incision in the thoracic wall)
- Implantation of defibrillators, pacemakers, cardiac resynchronization therapy systems, cardiac contractility modulation systems
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Photo of the doctor: (с) Katholischen Klinikum Koblenz - Montabaur
Department of Electrophysiology and Rhythmology.
Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.