Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology, Endoprosthetics (588519)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, traumatology, endoprosthetics
About the department
According to the prestigious Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology, Endoprosthetics at the Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur ranks among the top German medical facilities specializing in the treatment of orthopedic diseases!
The department offers comprehensive diagnostics, surgical and conservative treatment of all musculoskeletal disorders in adults and children. Also, the department provides an outpatient rehabilitation. The field of endoprosthetics is marked by the endoCert certificate, which indicates high treatment standards. The focus is also on the treatment of injuries of varying severity, including in elderly patients. The department is headed by Dr. med. Martin Haunschild.
The department has state-of-the-art operating rooms fitted out with equipment for carrying out sparing minimally invasive interventions, computer navigation systems, which help to install a prosthesis with millimeter accuracy. After surgical treatment, each patient receives a proper care and, if necessary, he will undergo rehabilitation.
In the field of endoprosthetics, the department's specialists often have to deal with knee and hip replacement surgery. The spectrum is complemented by revision interventions, which are required for example, in the case of mechanical complications or prosthesis displacement. Endoprosthetics is performed using high-quality prostheses from the world's leading manufacturers. If necessary, the implantation of individually manufactured prostheses is possible.
It is worth noting that the department has an in-house Bone Bank, which helps to immediately repair bone defects before joint replacement surgery. In most cases, the operation is performed using minimally invasive techniques, which ensure the prompt recovery of the patient.
The field of conservative orthopedics focuses on the treatment of back and spinal pain. One of the most popular and effective methods offered by the department's doctors is minimally invasive X-ray-guided infiltration. Also, the coagulation of small intervertebral joints in the lumbar spine is often used here. Both procedures are performed under local anesthesia. In order to consolidate the result, it is recommended the patient to undergo physical therapy, which strengthens the muscles of the back and abdomen.
A specially trained team takes care of the musculoskeletal system of young patients, because in this case it is important not only to cure the pathology, but also to ensure the proper physical development of the child. The pediatric orthopedists have vast experience in the treatment of congenital and acquired deformities and dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system (for example, hip dysplasia, Perthes disease, flatfoot, axial deformities of the lower limbs, etc.). Also, the field of their competence includes the treatment of growth disorders in children.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Knee, hip and shoulder endoprosthetics
- Replacement of small joints of the limbs
- Revision interventions after joint replacement surgery
- Joint-preserving interventions in osteoarthritis and axial defects of the pelvis and lower limbs
- Knee corrective osteotomy
- Hip corrective osteotomy
- Intertrochanteric corrective osteotomy
- Orthopedic oncology (treatment of musculoskeletal malignancies)
- Conservative treatment of pain in the back and spine
- Foot surgery
- Valgus deformity of the great toe (hallux valgus)
- First metatarsophalangeal joint arthritis (hallux rigidus)
- Hammer and claw toes
- Pathological changes in the middle and rare foot
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Hip dysplasia
- Femoral head epiphysiolysis
- Perthes disease
- Coxa vara, coxa valga, coxa antetorta
- X-shaped and O-shaped axial deformities of the lower limbs
- Flatusalgus foot
- Treatment using auxiliary orthopedic aids
- Outpatient surgery (if indicated)
- Emergency diagnostics and treatment of injuries of varying severity
- Imaging diagnostics for the determination of the injury effects
- Conservative and surgical treatment of ligament injuries and bone fractures
- Conservative and surgical treatment of injuries in children
- Treatment of fractures near the hip joint (joint-preserving operations and replacement surgery)
- Treatment of fractures in the shoulder and upper arm
- Treatment of nonhealing and infected fractures
- Surgery to treat injuries of the soft tissues, tendons, nerves and blood vessels
- Treatment of inflammatory processes and burns
- Geriatric traumatology
- Reconstructive surgery
- Treatment of chronic wounds
- Closure of soft tissue defects after injuries
- Scar revision
- Repair of anterior abdominal wall hernias, incisional and inguinal hernias
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (с) Katholischen Klinikum Koblenz - Montabaur
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology, Endoprosthetics.
Catholic Clinic Koblenz-Montabaur:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.