Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Neurosurgery (210)
Specialized in: neurosurgery
About the department
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of surgical treatment of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. The special areas of the department’s specialization include the treatment of brain, spinal cord tumors, cervical and lumbar disc herniation, intracerebral hemorrhage and chronic pain. The department is headed by Dr. med. Jean-Denis Patet, who has a huge number of successful operations and saved lives.
The successful clinical practice of the department is based on the combination of highly qualified doctors and state-of-the-art equipment, as well as on an individual approach to each patient. The department's specialists widely use both endoscopic and stereotactic surgical techniques, which allow them to remove hematomas and tumors without cephalotomy and traumatizing healthy tissues. Also, an integral part of the neurosurgeons' work is computer neuronavigation, namely the use of computer-processed preliminary examination data (CT, MRI, PET) in order to obtain the possibility of digital volumetric positioning of the surgical intervention. This method allows for the most sparing surgical treatment of the surrounding healthy tissues. Therefore, the use of innovative medical advances ensures the most sparing surgical treatment and full recovery of the patients, even in extremely complex clinical situations.
The department’s diagnostic services include:
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Angiography of the cerebral vessels
- Doppler ultrasonography
- Lumbar puncture
- Laboratory tests
- Other diagnostic examinations
The neurosurgical range of the department includes the treatment of the following pathologies:
- Spinal cord and brain tumors
- Vascular brain pathologies (for example, aneurysms, stroke)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Parkinson's disease
- Epileptic seizures
- Pathological lesions of the peripheral nervous system
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal disc herniation
- Spinal injuries, vertebral fractures
- Spinal Instability
- Spondylolisthesis (vertebral displacement)
- Chronic pain
- Other neurosurgical diseases
- Spinal surgery: malformations, cancers, degenerative diseases and all spinal injuries.
- Spinal fusion with the aim of stabilizing the affected spinal segment and preventing spinal cord injury by unstable and pathologically mobile vertebrae.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
- Percutaneous treatment using laser and percutaneous discectomy with neuronavigation.
- Radiofrequency therapy for facet syndrome.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty via percutaneous access using 3D neuronavigation.
- Since 2005 Member of the Swiss Medical Association (HMF).
- Since 2005 Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- Since 1989 Head of the Department of Neurosurgery in the Private Clinic.
- 1982 - 1989 Deputy Head of the Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- 1982 Position of Senior Resident.
- 1977 Surgeon at the Lyon Hospital.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1985 Board Certification in Neurosurgery.
- 1982 Doctoral Degree in Medicine, doctoral thesis defense, Lyon, France.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Since 1985 Permanent Member of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.
- Since 1985 Permanent Member of the International Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN).
- Since 1985 Permanent Member of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies.
- Since 1984 Permanent Member of the European Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ESPN).
- Since 1982 Permanent Member of the French Society of Neurosurgery.
Department of Neurosurgery.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.