Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Cardiology (603865)
Specialized in: cardiology
About the department
The Department of Cardiology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. An important focus of the department’s work is the interventional (catheter-assisted) procedures. The department's doctors are highly qualified specialists with outstanding qualifications, therefore they guarantee the optimal treatment results even in complex clinical situations. Medical care is based on the use of current clinical protocols approved by both Swiss and European professional societies. The department is headed by Dr. med. Vitali Verin.
To provide the accurate diagnostics, the department offers all advanced cardiological examinations, such as electrocardiography, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, daily blood pressure measurement, Holter monitoring, stress tests (for example, treadmill stress test, bicycle ergometry), radiography, electrophysiological examinations, cardiac CT and MRI, coronarography, etc.
In addition, the department is equipped with the state-of-art devices for cardiac catheterization – a diagnostic procedure, which can detect coronary artery thrombosis or stenosis. It also provides information about the functioning of the heart, heart valves and coronary arteries, with the help of which it is possible to prevent the development of a heart attack or angina pectoris. During the cardiac catheterization, a catheter is inserted into the artery, usually into the radial (puncture on the wrist) or femoral (puncture in the groin) one. The catheter is delivered to the heart, then a contrast agent is injected through it, which allows the doctor to assess the function of heart chambers and large vessels. The procedure is performed in the operating room under local anesthesia and usually lasts about 45-60 minutes.
The department's doctors mostly have to deal with the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries due to cholesterol deposits in the form of plaques) and related complications (angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, etc.)
- Valvular heart disease
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Aortic valve insufficiency
- Mitral valve stenosis
- Aortic stenosis
- Abnormal heart rhythm (heart arrhythmias)
- Cardiac conduction disease
- Heart failure
- Arterial hypertension
- Inflammatory heart diseases
- Other cardiac pathologies
- Percutaneous procedures for the treatment of pathological lesions of the coronary and peripheral arteries.
- Balloon angioplasty.
- Stent implantation.
- Closure of intracardiac defects (patent foramen ovale, atrial septal defect).
- Since 2008 Head of the Department of Cardiology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- 2004 - 2008 Assistant Physician in the Department of Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Center at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 1998 - 2004 Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Center at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 1995 - 1997 Head of the Cardiac Center at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 1994 Research Fellow, Cardiac Center at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 1993 Research Fellow in Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospital Geneva.
- 1991 - 1993 Research Fellow, Department of Interventional Cardiology, Cardiocenter at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 1986 - 1991 Work in the Department of Interventional Radiology, Moscow Hospital №1.
- 1985 - 1986 Internship in Surgery, Moscow Hospital №1.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2005 Board Certification in Cardiology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1990 Doctoral Degree in Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
- 1986 Certificate of Internship in Surgery, Ministry of Health, Russia.
- 1985 Diploma in Medicine with Honors.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Cardiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Cardiology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.