Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Vascular Surgery (603874)
Specialized in: vascular surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of prevention, diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the blood vessels (arteries, veins), lymphatic and capillary vessels. The department's specialists have a unique experience in the treatment of thrombosis, varicose veins, aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis, diseases of the lymphatic vessel, for example, lymphedema, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Jean-Michel Zabot.
The clinical practice involves the use of only progressive methods of diagnostics and treatment, which guarantee the most effective result. For example, to make an accurate diagnosis and choose the appropriate treatment method, the department uses such examinations as doppler ultrasonography of the peripheral vessels, oscillography, angiography, phlebography, lymphography, capillary microscopy and others. The comprehensive diagnostics is the basis for the selection of a successful treatment strategy.
To treat and prevent vascular diseases, the department widely uses both therapeutic and surgical methods. Initially, the preference is given to the conservative therapy. Today, there are a large number of drugs with antispasmodic, vasodilator, thrombolytic, anticoagulant effect. They are irreplaceable as prophylaxis, but they are often used as an independent treatment option. However, if the drug therapy does not give positive results, the patient will be prescribed the appropriate surgical treatment. Most interventions are performed without extensive incisions using the special optical probes, which are inserted into the vessels through the micro punctures in veins (endovascular surgery). The angioplasty is also performed using probes (restoration of the vascular permeability using a balloon) and the stent implantation. Some vascular operations may be performed using the laser technology (laser angioplasty). In the case of large vessels lesion, the doctors in the department still have to perform open surgery.
The service range of the department includes:
- Ultrasound examinations, including Doppler scanning
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Capillary microscopy
- Biopsy with further histology (in the case of suspected malignant neoplasms, changes in the vascular wall of unknown origin)
- Pharmacotherapy (antispasmodics, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, metabolic drugs and others)
- Minimally invasive stent implantation procedures, including the simultaneous stenting of several arteries
- Balloon angioplasty
- Endovenous laser coagulation
- Open intervention for lesions of the large vessels
- Endarterectomy for carotid artery atherosclerotic lesions
- Endovascular aspiration and rheolytic thrombectomy
- Aesthetic removal of varicose veins
- Endovascular procedures for the treatment of aortic aneurysm
- Rehabilitation aimed at the strengthening of the blood vessels and restoration of normal blood circulation (for example, massage, physiotherapy, therapeutic exercises)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Experimental assessment of aortic stents in endovascular repair of infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Author of numerous scientific articles and research works, especially on the endothelization of vascular prostheses (inventor's patent).
- Lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine in Lyon, France.
- Since 2007 Vascular Surgeon in the Department of Vascular Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- 1999 - 2003 Vascular Surgeon in private clinics.
- 1993 - 2006 Vascular Surgeon in private clinics.
- 1993 - 1999 Head of the Department of Vascular Surgery.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- Doctoral Degree in Medicine, France.
- Master's Degree in Biology, Anatomy and Hemodynamics.
- Internship in the Lyon Hospital, France.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- French Society for Vascular Surgery.
- European Society for Vascular Surgery.
- European Council of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
- Medical Society of Canton de Vaud.
- Geneva Medical Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Vascular Surgery.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.