Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Gastroenterology (603889)
Specialized in: gastroenterology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. The department's doctors have in their arsenal many progressive therapeutic techniques, which can provide excellent treatment results even in particularly complex clinical cases. The department is among the leaders in the area of its specialization at the national level. All medical services are provided in strict accordance with the current clinical protocols. The department is headed by Dr. med. Anca-Teodora Antonino.
The key to successful treatment of gastrointestinal pathologies is the comprehensive diagnostics using state-of-the-art hardware technologies. Along with proven classical diagnostic methods, the department also uses the very latest informative diagnostic examinations, for example, colonoscopy (including virtual colonoscopy), gastroscopy, capsule endoscopy, duodenoscopy, rectoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), Doppler ultrasonography of the blood vessels of the liver, etc. All diagnostic manipulations are carried out on state-of-the-art medical equipment.
After the establishment of an accurate diagnosis, the treatment process starts. If possible, the department's doctors try to solve the problem using conservative therapeutic techniques, such as effective drugs, radiofrequency ablation, diet therapy, etc. If the doctors understand that surgical treatment will be the best option in a particular clinical case, the patient will be prescribed surgery. Most surgical interventions are performed using minimally invasive techniques, which ensure rapid recovery of the patient, minimal pain, and almost completely eliminate the risk of inflammatory and infectious complications.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following gastroenterological diseases:
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum
- Stomach, bowel polyps
- Esophageal stenosis
- Nonspecific and specific ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bowel obstruction
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Malignant gastrointestinal tumors
- Liver diseases (various types of hepatitis, cirrhosis)
- Other diseases
- 2012 - 2014 Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Claude Bernard University Lyon I.
- 2012 Professional certification in Gastroenterology by the Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2012 Professional certification in Internal Medicine by the Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2011 Swiss GCP Certificate for Researchers.
- 2010 Examination of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH) for the title of Medical Specialist.
- 2009 Examination of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH) for the title of Medical Specialist in Gastroenterology.
- 2002 Diploma of Doctor of Medicine, University of Lausanne.
- 1998 Bachelor's Degree, Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Department of Internal Medicine, Bucharest, title Doctor of Medicine.
- 2014 - 2018 Assistant of the Head of the Medical Service, Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, Chief Physician of the Day Hospital at the l’Hôpital de jour.
- 2013 - 2014 Practising Physician, Department of Gastroenterology, CHU-Grenoble Clinic.
- 2012 - 2013 Responsible for the training of Medical Assistants, Department of Gastroenterology, CHU-Grenoble Clinic.
- 2012 Head of the Department of Gastroenterology and Transplant Center.
- 2010 - 2012 Responsible for the training of Medical Assistants, Department of Gastroenterology and Transplant Center (management of patients after liver transplantation and preliminary examinations).
- 2008 - 2010 Assistant Physician in the Department of Gastroenterology and Transplant Center.
- 2007 - 2008 Surgeon, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Clinic de Genolier Genolier (since 1992 Representative of the Team of Surgeons).
- 2005 - 2007 Assistant Physician, Internal Medicine, Transplant Center, Department of Emergency Medicine.
- 2003 - 2005 Assistant Physician, Internal Medicine, Hôpital Intercantonal de la Broye.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Member of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH), Section of Internal Medicine.
- Member of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH), Section of Gastroenterology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Gastroenterology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.