Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery (603892)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric hand surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of services in the diagnostics and treatment of traumatic, congenital or degenerative hand injuries. The Head of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Grégoire Chick.
The therapeutic options of the department include both conservative treatment methods (physiotherapy, injection, drug therapy) and surgical interventions. The treatment is provided using the very latest scientific developments in the field of microsurgery and endoscopy. The service range is complemented by replant surgery, wrist replacement surgery. The department's surgeons use modern medical equipment in their work, which allows them to perform complex, highly accurate operations with minimal trauma to healthy tissues.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital hand deformities
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of hand fractures and traumatic injuries of the joints
- Diagnostics and treatment of pathologies of the hand and finger joints (endoprosthetic surgery)
- Diagnostics and treatment of traumatic injuries of tendons and nerve endings, as well as the treatment of secondary pathological changes, for example, hand dysfunction caused by spinal cord injury, compartment syndrome, paralysis of the upper limbs
- Diagnostics and treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
- Diagnostics and treatment of pathological skin lesions of the hand (for example, removal of tumors and cysts, correction of soft tissue defects, consequences of burns)
- Diagnostics and treatment of nail defects
- Diagnostics and treatment of home accidents and sports injuries of the hand
- Diagnostics and treatment of other hand diseases and injuries
- Since 2014 Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, NY.
- 2006 Board Certification in Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery, GMC, London, UK.
- 2004 Swiss Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery, Swiss Medical Association, Bern, Switzerland.
- 2000 French Board of Hand Surgery, Paris.
- 1999 Certified by the European Board of Hand Surgery, Bonn, Germany.
- 1996 - 2000 Fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Paris University.
- 1996 - 2000 Chief Physician, Сlinique des Hôpitaux de Paris.
- 1996 Doctoral thesis defense, Orthopedic Surgery.
- 1994 Graduate Diploma in Microsurgery, University of Paris.
- 1990 Doctor of Medicine, Medical School, Paris University.
- 1990 Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Paris (Intern, Hôpitaux de Paris).
- Since 2009 Consulting Hand Surgeon, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Hospital, Doha, Qatar.
- Since 2008 Work in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Clinic de Genolier Genolier, Vaud, Switzerland.
- Since 2004 Latour Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2006 - 2010 Consulting Hand Surgeon, London, UK.
- 1996 - 2006 Emergency Private Centre for Hand Surgery (SOS Main, FESSUM), Aix-en-Provence, France.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Society of Hand Surgery.
- Swiss Society of Hand Surgery.
- French Society of Hand Surgery.
Special Clinical Interests
- Upper extremity joint replacement.
- Upper extremity trauma reconstruction surgery.
- Peripheral nerve surgery.
- Microsurgery and arthroscopic surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.