Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Infectology (603895)
Specialized in: infectology
About the department
The Department of Infectology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers comprehensive medical services to patients with viral, bacterial and fungal infections, as well as parasitic infestations. In addition, the department's specialists admit patients with infections caused by immunodeficiencies, cancers, patients with nosocomial infections, HIV and new infectious diseases, for example, H1N1 virus. The establishment of a diagnosis is preceded by the comprehensive diagnostics. The treatment is based on pharmacotherapy using drugs of the latest generation. The department is headed by Dr. med. Nicola Leggieri.
The department's doctors work on an inpatient basis, and also admit patients outpatiently. Once the diagnosis has been established, the most effective drugs for the treatment of infectious disease will be individually selected. Depending on the specific infection and the clinical case of the patient, the doctors use antibiotics, antiviral, antifungal, anthelmintic drugs and others. The doctors closely monitor the treatment dynamics, preventing possible complications.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of respiratory infections
- Whooping cough
- Bronchitis and pneumonia
- Diagnostics and treatment of bowel infections
- Hepatitis A
- Diagnostics and treatment of hematogenous infections
- HIV and AIDS
- Viral hepatitis B, C, D
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases transmitted by contact through the skin or mucous membranes (bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic diseases)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of other infectious diseases
- Since 2012 Work in the Department of Infectology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- 2011 - 2012 Medical Consultant on HIV, Department of Infectology at the University Hospital Geneva.
- 2010 - 2011 Leading Physician in the treatment of endocarditis, Hôpital de la Timone, Marseille.
- 2009 - 2010 Head of the Laboratory of Bacteriology and Infectology, University Hospital Geneva.
- 2009 Assistant Physician, Department of Infectology, Hôpitaux Valaisans.
- 2007 - 2009 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Lausanne.
- 2006 - 2007 Work in the Department of Infectology at the L'Hôpital Nord.
- 2005 - 2006 Assistant Physician (Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Oncology), Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- 2004 - 2005 Work in the Department of Internal Medicine at the Hôpital des Cadolles, Neuchâtel.
- 2003 - 2004 Assistant Physician, Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Lausanne.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2011 - 2012 Diploma of the Mediterranean University in Hygiene in Medical Facilities.
- 2010 Board certification in Infectology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2009 Board certification in Internal Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1995 - 2002 Study of Human Medicine.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society for Hospital Hygiene.
- Medical Association of Canton of Vaud.
- Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Infectology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.