Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Nuclear Medicine (603901)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the Department of Nuclear Medicine at Clinic de Genolier Genolier
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of modern high-precision diagnostics and effective treatment using radioisotopes. The clinical practice is focused on scintigraphy, SPECT-CT and PET-CT. The radioisotope medications are injected to the patient intravenously, after which a picture is obtained using a gamma camera or a PET-CT device. The department's doctors strictly meet current clinical protocols and radiation protection standards – the radiation dose during the examination of this specialization is equal to the radiation dose in conventional X-ray scanning. The department is headed by Dr med. Jean-Pierre Papazyan.
One of the most important fields of the department's work is scintigraphy. The examination process takes place in a special scintillation gamma camera. Scintigraphy can be used to assess kidney function, bone tissue, lungs, thyroid and parathyroid glands, as well as myocardium. The department's doctors also specialize in brain scintigraphy, for example, in the cases of suspected Parkinson's disease.
PET-CT scanning is also among the department's priorities. This diagnostic method can be used for the detection of oncological, cardiological and neurological diseases. In addition, PET-CT is effective for the detection of infection foci in the body. When performing oncological diagnostics, PET-CT allows the doctors not only to detect a malignant tumor and its metastases in other organs, but also to assess the effectiveness of cancer treatment. The PET-CT technique can also be used for therapeutic purposes, namely for the treatment of cancer pathologies. The technique is used for the detection of cancer cells, which should be irradiated. After this, the patient will be administered the radioactive pharmaceuticals. These drugs are specific for the type of cells, which must be destroyed. Some types of therapy can be performed on an outpatient basis, without hospitalization.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Lung scintigraphy
- Myocardial scintigraphy
- Kidney scintigraphy
- Thyroid and parathyroid scintigraphy
- Esophageal scintigraphy
- Brain scintigraphy
- Whole-body scintigraphy
- Lymphatic scintigraphy
- Bone scintigraphy
- Densitometry (bone mineral density assessment)
- Radioiodine therapy for the treatment of thyroid diseases (thyrotoxicosis, thyroid cancer)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Jean-Pierre Papazyan
- Chief Physician of the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- Resident Medical Officer at the Hôpital de La Tour, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Head of the Clinical Nuclear Medicine Course, TRM HESGE Program.
- Head of the Department at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Medical Consultant at the University Hospital Geneva.
- Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Clinique de La Source.
- Founding Physician and Head of the Gamma Mediservices SA.
- Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine, Centre d'Imagerie du Nord Vaudois (CINOV), Yverdon, Switzerland.
- Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine, CIMED, Friborg.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2006 and 2003 Certificate of Competency in Densitometry, International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD).
- 1998 Medical Specialist in Radiation Protection and Certification in Application of Open Radiation Sources for Humans.
- 1998 Doctoral Degree in Medicine.
- 1998 Board Certification in Nuclear Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1990 Federal Diploma in Medicine.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Swiss Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- Swiss Society of Radiology.
- French Society of Nuclear Medicine.
- European Association of Nuclear Medicine.
- Medical Association of Canton of Vaud.
- Medical Association of Geneva.
Prizes and Honors
- 1996 Poster Award, 35th Francophone Nuclear Medicine Conference SFBMN, Lille, France.
- 1999 Prize for the Best Clinical Thesis, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.